Question

I inside my hives I have all frames of worker foundation. Should I put one frame of drone foundation in there?

If it's easy for you to do, it might be a good idea. The only reason not to is that the Varroa mite tend to collect more in the drone foundation. But that can be turned to a positive. First batch, check the larvae for mites. If you find em, take the whole frame out and freeze it. After it's thawed, try it again. This is one of the 7 or 8 methods used in IPM = Integrated Pest Management.

If you don't they will allways find a way. Usually under the frames they'll build drone comb. For some reason the girls like having a guy around.

Hawk
    KC0YXI

I would not put a frame of drone foundation in mine unless i had an infestation of mites that needed controlled.If the colony needs some drones they will build their own drone comb.
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

My answer was very incomplete. Some people keep two frames of drone comb for each hive. Each month they take one out and freeze it, and put the other one in. Paint the tops of the top bars red or something.

The rest of IPM (from memory so I may leave some out)

1. Swapping frames of drone comb.

2. SBB = Screened Bottom Boards.

3. Small Cell regression.

4. Sugar Rolls

5. Breeding for tolerance. Hygienic Bees. The Liquid Nitrogen Test.

6. I think the rest are all chemicals that I don't use.

Hawk
    KC0YXI

The bees will find places to build drones no matter what you do, but having them localized gives you the ability to have more control. Having some drone comb will cause them to not try to build as much elsewhere and if you find you have a serious Varroa problem you can pull it and freeze it.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF