Thread: cats and stings

Does anyone know how cats react to be stings? I have a 7 month old kitten who just got tagged by one (1) of my bees. I think they are immune to lymes disease but I don't know yet ,(but will soon)hoe they react to bee venom. I hope curiosity doesn't kill the cat!

I'm answering my own question. hours later and no reaction at all from the sting to the cat. Eighther I got her off of him before she could sting the cat or cats are Immune.I guess?

I know that both of my cats have been stung because they have a healthy respect for the bee highway and front entrance. Otherwise they just go about their business and even hang around the hives while I'm there.

Smile

I don't know about cats, but I do about dogs and stings. They run around in circles and bite at their butt while barking a lot. Then they develop a strange habit if, instead of following you Everywhere as usual, they follow you only as far as to realize that you are headed to the hives. Then they turn around and head home looking over their shoulder to see if anyone or anything is following them. And you can forget about calling them out to you at the apiary, 1)because he may not come and, so would teach him that he doesn't always have to obey, or 2) because you might convince him that you are a sadist and want him to get stung. Besides, it is very distracting from your yard-work to be watching and laughing at him anyway.

I think my dog has fur too thick to get stung. She loves to help me with my hives. She loves to run up and down in front of them in the snow right after I've dug out the entrances.