I have entrance feeders that I fill with water to keep my bees out of the pool and this seems to work fine, however in one hive I have what looks like maggots under one of the feeders. What do wax moth larvae look like? Could these be just some other moth or butterfly larvae?

I've had ant larvae beneath my feeders before...you see any ants around?

Wax moth larvae look like maggots but are slightly "dry-er" looking. If you have any webs amongst the discarde cappings on your bottom board they may wax larvae. They make excellent bluegill bait.

I have the same problem with some hives. IT seems to be an area where "trash" can collect. Getting rid of the feeders took care of it for me. Wax moth for sure!

Those are small hive beetle larva, If you look closely on your frames in your pollen you will probably find small ones in there. I hate them. They will ruin your hive and your bees will abscond. The honey that is left is slimed and other bees wont usually rob it out, it is just wasted. If you have the ability, fume with acetic acid. I am trying to spray with salt water to see if that will dry them out. good luck.

Mark

Once the bees find them they'll remove them.

Do they have spikes on them? SHB do. If they have spikes I'd figure SHB. If they don't I'd figure wax moth larvae, unless they are tiny and there are a lot of ants around, in which case I'd figure ant larvae.

Here's pictures:
    http://www.bee-l.com/biobeefiles/barry/index.htm
    http://www.csl.gov.uk/science/organ/...sheets/SHB.pdf

these are the size of a maggot about 3/4 inch in length white like maggots but "drier looking". I checked in my literature and am pretty sure it is a wax moth larvae. The hive is very strong so I dont think they will be a problem. They are just under the entrance feeder where the bees can"t get to them to remove them. I will remove the feeder or have to do my own policing of them every so often. I have seen a sample ofsmall hive beetles but not their larvae but can't imagine the large larvae that I saw to be hive beetle.

Mike no spikes on them that I noticed just like maggots but like Beegee said drier looking. The pics that you posted look like the shb has a wider larvae than wax moth. Fatter lookingand yellower no?

I've seen lots of wax moth larvae in my life. I've NEVER seen a SHB larvae. Just pictures. But the SHB always has the spikes. My guess is it's wax moths.