Thread: TBH site links

Hi all,

Could someone post some links for TBH sites? I think I have finnally convinced myself I will build one. (yes I know there is much written on beesource will read that after the site links). Thanks.

Clay

MB I was looking at these sites (some I have seen before) but I noticed on one that it says "Slivers of wood attached edgeways to the top bars and brushed with molten beeswax are said to be just as effective in providing starters." This goes along with the conversation about the comb unzipping. Do you think thin piece of wood glued into the grove then that dipped or brushed with was would help this problem of falling combs? and maybe even help keeping the comb straight as well?

>MB I was looking at these sites (some I have seen before) but I noticed on one that it says "Slivers of wood attached edgeways to the top bars and brushed with molten beeswax are said to be just as effective in providing starters." This goes along with the conversation about the comb unzipping. Do you think thin piece of wood glued into the grove then that dipped or brushed with was would help this problem of falling combs? and maybe even help keeping the comb straight as well?

I have not tried it, but Satterfield has suggested a strip of thin masonite put in a groove to keep it straight. I have put a slope to the middle of the bar and then waxed the peak and that worked well. I think I did the slope about 13 to 15 degrees.

I think a slope with some crossways grooves to make better attachments might be useful.
    Here's some pics of someone doing something like that.
    http://www.ccdemo.info/GardenBees/To...opBarCuts.html

Clayton you could intersperse the top bars with regular frames, alternating. Do this to two hive bodies, alternating both side by side and up and down.

For example, in the bottom box use full frame, TB, full frame, TB.

In the box above that, start with the TB and then full frame, TB and full frame etc. In this fashion and order.

When the combs are done being built with the straight comb on the TB, sort out the Full Frame comb from the TB combs and in the order you took it out, put your straight TB together in one box and the frames together in the other.

Then add a queen for a split.

I forgot to add, I would use the frames that have the sides and bottoms, just not using the foundation.....