Has anyone had any problems For Bean fields being sprayed with Warrier for controll of aphids.The farmer next to my yard spraued last night.He was nice enough to wait as long as he could while they were in full bloom.
    Mitch KD8IMF

I don't know what they spayed them with, but last year I lost half the bees when they sprayed the soybeans. I assume it was for aphids.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

The farmers in my area are spraying for aphids and spider mites as we speak. They sprayed the fields around my house 3 days ago. I haven't noticed any dead bees yet. There is a flow on from something. I assumed it was soybeans but haven't checked the bloom in a week or so. I assume it isn't the beans or I think I would have lost some hives. I still haven't discovered who farms it. My wife saw them spraying as she drove by. I hope I can find out before next year. We lost hives from pesticide when I was growing up and it is depressing to see that pile of bees.

I'm hoping since I haven't seen any dead bees that I'm past the danger stage. Time will tell.

Dan
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

I guess the aphids are something new to my area.My neighbor clued me in on the spraying and shue enough i saw the farmer out checking the field.After a nice conversation about my bees he was happy to let me know what his plans were.He let me know what and when he was spraying and waited till the bloom was mostly over.He did not spray right up to my property line left about 10achers.I told the farmer i was sure all the other fields in the area would be sprayed too.The Warrier spray is longer lasting from what i was told,the other stuff is called lorsban but it dissapates faster.But he could not get the lorsban.

I am just hopeing not to have all my bees dead.The real bad thing here is there is nuthing but corn beans and wheat here you an not get away from it.So if this is a problem every year it will not be a good thing for my hobby.
    Mitch KD8IMF

They were spraying beans around me last few days too, allegedly for spider mites. I have not noticed any impact on the bees so far (knock on wood) which surprised me because there is some bloom on the beans still. I cannot tell what they are working other than the zucchini and melons in the garden.

I wish they would stop working the zucchini as it is growing so fast that you are risking your life to go into the patch . It's a jungle out there! Killer Zucchini!

The melons are also doing great. But I am tired of eating zucchine and the melons aren't yet ripe!