Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Chat Room

BILLY BOB Guest

Anytime is ok with me. How about 9:00pm? If this isn't ok then just let me know

BB

I will be checking in periodically as I usually do, but it will be later, closer to ten pm central.

For those of you who check in and don't see anyone there and leave, try this. Log into the Bee Hive, open up another window and go back to the Bullitin Board or where ever you want to go on the net while you wait for someone else to show up. You will hear the *WELCOME* so you can come back to the chat room as soon as someone logs in.

Bill

[This message has been edited by BULLSEYE BILL (edited September 03, 2003).]

I'll just tell you what........

I still don't know which place ya'll are at.

And my puter kills the link everytime I click on it.

I may not be able to go. ;(

BILLY BOB Guest

Daisy, have you tried to down load the software from above? Why do you think it's not working? I'm sure somone here can help.

BB

>nmist, I really like your site. Did you set that up? Does it cost you anything?

Hi Daisy! That's a two-part question you asked. The program that allows me to make a online journal that people can add messages to is free. It's called Moveable Type.

But you need a server of your own (or a really nice Internet Provider) to store it on. Our server is an old computer my husband put together with lots of memory. We keep it in the attic and connect to it with our cable modem. (I'm leaving out lots of technical stuff here)
    --
    If you think you'd like to have something like this without any hassle (my favorite expression try out http://www.livejournal.com I have a journal there (do a search for "madeleine" and you can read about my everyday life. )

>I started reading your messages and wondered if you painted your hive bodies before you put your bees in? Or did you soak em in wax or something. If not, what will you do when your frames start buckeling?

Yup my hive bodies are painted! I wanted something nondescript (nosy neighbors) so what's more dull than beige? That's a beemax styrofoam outer lid. Did you think that looked waxy??

--Madeleine in NJ

------------------
    First Year Beekeeping Journal: http://s00r.van.wessem.net:81/mnist/blog/

>nmist, I really like your site. Did you set that up? Does it cost you anything?

Hi Daisy! That's a two-part question you asked. The program that allows me to make a online journal that people can add messages to is free. It's called Moveable Type.

But you need a server of your own (or a really nice Internet Provider) to store it on. Our server is an old computer my husband put together with lots of memory. We keep it in the attic and connect to it with our cable modem. (I'm leaving out lots of technical stuff here)
    --
    If you think you'd like to have something like this without any hassle (my favorite expression try out http://www.livejournal.com I have a journal there (do a search for "madeleine" and you can read about my everyday life. )

>I started reading your messages and wondered if you painted your hive bodies before you put your bees in? Or did you soak em in wax or something. If not, what will you do when your frames start buckeling?

Yup my hive bodies are painted! I wanted something nondescript (nosy neighbors) so what's more dull than beige? That's a beemax styrofoam outer lid. Did you think that looked waxy??

--Madeleine in NJ

------------------
    First Year Beekeeping Journal: http://s00r.van.wessem.net:81/mnist/blog/

Smile

i think the hive is an excellent idea .can anyone tell me what time in the uk i need to be on line steven

Billy Bob, I'm confused because I don't know if it's the Mirc place or that other place.

When I click on the link to the other place it kills my browser flat.

I can't get there.

Now if you all are at Mirc I'll try there.

And when will the folks start coming in?

Daisy, I believe everyone is going to the sigmachat website 'The Bee Hive.' You have to wait a bit for the site to come up, especially if you are dialup.

I'll be on earlier, but 9PM here(Billy Bob & my neck of the woods) is unfortunately 2AM in Scotland, Steven.

Daisy, also try using Microsoft Explorer, I've had problems using Netscape on a few sites.

Billy Bob, if you are getting on the other IRC thingamabob, let me know and I'll download the software I need to get on.

[This message has been edited by Branman (edited September 03, 2003).]

f you think you'd like to have something like this without any hassle (my favorite expression try out http://www.livejournal.com I have a journal there (do a search for "madeleine" and you can read about my everyday life. )

Thanks for the link Madde..

I'll check it out soon. Maybe after the bees are tucked in for the winter. hehe

Daisy, also try using Microsoft Explorer, I've had problems using Netscape on a few sites..;.

Branman, when I click on the Beehive link using either netscape or ms it kills the browser as soon as it attempts to load.

Gone, every page that's up dies.

It dies like it's being killed by a popup killer. I have those on my puter but I really don't believe that's the problem. It's got to be something stupid that's causing this. The fact that it's happening with both browsers leads me to believe it's a software conflict on my puter somewhere.

Any ideas? Is there a back door to get in, another way to get there? You know, I go to the site and then click on your beehive link from there???

Well I can't get to the beehive and I don't know how to use the mirc.

Have a nice chat. ;(

If it is a popup killer most are overidden by holding down a control or shift key.

Daisy
    Do you have the Java Virtual Machine installed on your computer? If not here is a link http://java.sun.com/getjava/ .

Marty

BILLY BOB Guest

Hi all,

Just for the record we had a very good chat last night (Daisy even showed up) Most likly it will be Sat. night before I can do it again. Just have to see if my home pc is up to it. Daisy made another chat room on Yahoo. It may be easier for everyone there. She can give the details.

BB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12