Default Pro-Sweet liquid feed - anyone use?

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeepin...productInfo/4/

What are the advantages / disadvantages to using a feed like this? Obviously it is more expensive, but a time saver which is important to some. Is it just HFCS?

Default Re: Pro-Sweet liquid feed - anyone use?

I use it. I live a lot closer to Mann Lake and my supplier was selling it at $42 a pail this fall. Mann Lake claim the bees can put it away without having to dry it out; I know that one pail I had from last year hadn't crystallized by this. I buy it for the convenience when I am topping up my nucs - I don't like mixing sugar syrup. I am not a big enough user to need a tote, and the 5 gallon buckets clean up and are food grade for reuse. My bees overwintered well on it, I am sorry I washed the labels off the buckets so I can't tell you what's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Quiney WI View Post
    I use it. I live a lot closer to Mann Lake and my supplier was selling it at $42 a pail this fall. Mann Lake claim the bees can put it away without having to dry it out; I know that one pail I had from last year hadn't crystallized by this. I buy it for the convenience when I am topping up my nucs - I don't like mixing sugar syrup. I am not a big enough user to need a tote, and the 5 gallon buckets clean up and are food grade for reuse. My bees overwintered well on it, I am sorry I washed the labels off the buckets so I can't tell you what's in it.

Thanks, I ordered a couple pails and will try it out.

I fed bait swarms with it. Very convenient. Time saver over mixing syrup. Much cheaper picked up in your own containers.