First, this is a great community and I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences. ZuniBee Farms is a brand new, 2007, start up apiary. We have been reading as many books as possible to absorb as much information we can. Yes, we are hooked! While there are many great websites and forums (especially this one) with outstanding information, we noticed a void of a site with actual video's to learn from. There are many beekeeping videos on YouTube® but sorting through all the other results makes things difficult. Plus, the comments left are often not from beekeepers who can further enhance the learning process by adding comments from their experience. Learning by watching is much easier than trying to only visualize a concept in a book.

By providing a site for beekeepers to share videos, members will be able to see tasks they have only read about - in action! They can comment, provide guidance, and opinions on what is seen. BeeKeepers can keep private video logs (vlogs) and have fun sharing their videos with the world.

ZuniBee.com is FREE, has no advertising, and is not being operated to make money. It is a service paid for by ZuniBee Farms as our contribution to the beekeeping community.

I have two questions:

1. Wbat do you think about this type of site? Will it be useful? Would you help educate beekeepers by loading your videos?
    2. Please help spread the word, load you videos, and most of all, enjoy your experience on ZuniBee.com!

All suggestions are always appreciated.

Jay

The concept is a good one. Copyright issues
    aside. Most of the good videos I know of would
    probably not agree to being post without a fee.

Copyright is definately an issue. People can not load videos that they have not taken thenselves. This site is more for the beekeeper that takes their own videos....either using their cell phone camera or video camera. When I went to you tube there are many videos taken by beekeepers that are very interesting....they are just hard to find. Thanks for the input.