Thread: business Plan

Cool

i am totally new to this business
    I am looking for a good business plan make in Excel so I can undrstand cost,and rentability.
    anyone can help?
    thanks in advance

From my experience, I've never made money at this. It's just a hobby, but I'm thinking of going into raising the 4.9mm bees. There is currently a market because most people have the large bees and it's a lot of work to retrogress. I think you could sell 5 frame nucs in the spring to be picked up at your location and make some money because there isn't really any competition yet. You could also, of course, sell some honey.

If I were to try to make money, I would try to minimize the expenses. If you used top bars, didn't buy foundation, made your own boxes etc. maybe you could keep the expenses down enough to make it pay. You'd have to keep things simple.

Of course the possible incomes are:

Bees
    Honey
    Pollination services
    Pollen
    Propolis
    Royal Jelly
    Wax

Some of these are rather specialized markets and you'd have to find who is buying them. Some of them require rather expensive equipment and a lot of manipulation and you'd have to analyze the expenses of that and see if they would make you money.

I think if you keep abreast of the markets and don't invest too much money you could make a profit.

thanks Michael!
    I appreciatte your answer.
    Anyone has other opinion or source where i can get information??

Smile

Although I do not have a source where you can check. I'll offer a different opinion on profitablility. Yes, you can make money with bees but you going to need more than a couple of hives. Depending on the markets you wish to explore, you can make several hundred dollars (US$) per hive.
    Yes, you can make money but you won't get rich.

I'm not saying you can't make a profit. I'm just saying you need to know what the markets and prices are and keep your costs down. You can easily spend more than you make.

Round Top, New York - Northern Catskill Mtns.

Try this site, it may have some good info.
    They have an excel program that is a guide for cost vs. honey production and other info.
    http://agalternatives.aers.psu.edu/other/bees/index.htm

------------------