I live in northern N.J. and split my parent hive (which was very strong and in danger of swarming) twice , once in earky May and again just two weeks ago. I have not yet added any supers as I am waiting for them to fill out the empty frames that have replaced the ones taken out and put into nucs. Just wondering how many peolple in my area have had a strong floe and how many supers have been added or filled. Do you guys expect a good honey crop this year. The Black Locust bloom is over and I expect the new hives to be ready for the Linden bloon here.

Just curious, when does the linden(basswood?) usually bloom in your area? Last year they were blooming around the 4th of July here.

The Linden Basswood blooms around mid to late June.

The basswood blooms here in july.My customers love the basswodd honey hope my bees work it whis year.My hives are building up yet. The dandilions are at the end but the good news is the white duch clover in the yards are starting a bit early.

I live in meetro North Jersey. My strongest colony filled three mediums in the past 12 days (on new foundation) and my other two colonies are right behind. Warm May helped.

four hives have bout filled 9 supers so far

STOP SPLITTING and put your supers on!!! you missed some of the best honey of the season off the locust flow. to help avoid swarming you should have tried to only split once and keep a young queen in your hive(this year). you will never get see a bumper crop of honey unless you have a boiling hive of bees!!! yes i know they can be a handful but you have to learn ALL aspects of beekeeping. after you split and replace with foundation try throwing on an excluder and a super they need the room to ease congestion and swarming impluse nuff said from me ron

I have ten hives.I have 2 supers on 7 hives-three on one and the other two are new hives this year,.. We still have the Sourwood honey flow in a couple of weeks...

How many supers do you think I might have filled if not for the second late split I made in mid May? Learn from mistakes, anyway next year I weill have three strong hives instead of one. A veteran keeper advised me to do the second split because the hive was so strong it was ready to swarm after the first split at the start of May

I put supers on last week but doubt if any honey this week. We have had 12 strait days of rain and cold. Tommorow, Wed., is my bee day. Hi today was about 55.
    Next week has to be better.