I checked out my one hive today because they were out flying. My only hive at the moment is a DE hive, and I am using 3 deeps. I found the queen, and there was lots of honey to spare, probably 12 frames of honey. There were also lots of bees, probably 8 to 10 frames totally covered with bees. Looks like the ladies are wintering very well, although I don't have anything to compare them to. They were in a good mood, and not too agressive.

Chris

Checked mine yesterday because of the mild weather, in the mid-50's. Same thing as you saw, lots of bees out flying around. Does anyone fog with FGMO in the winter?

I would fog if the bees are flying and you feel the need. I just don't when they aren't flying.

Reached a high of 45 degrees here today in Southern New Hampshire. Bees were out. With a trace of snow left on the ground, I could tell they had a good time.

gfcg731 Guest

Temps in the upper 60's here is SE Missouri. Rain and mud all over, so I fogged the home hives (5 of them) in the backyard.

I've had poor results with plain FGMO so I've supercharged mine with thymol and a couple of essentials oils.

Grant
    Jackson, MO