Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now I have 2 cents to contribute! I have two hives, I'm brand spanking new to this and was previously on the fence. When I open them to remove a frame, I put the whole radiation suite on, gloves and taped at the wrists. One hive is docile and causes me no isses, I only had one stinger in my left hand glove.

But the other, Cripes! Before I had the second frame out, I had six stingers in my left glove. I just put it all back together and chalked it as doing fine, albeit grumpy. Day was pretty, no other issues, nothing has been messing with them that I could tell, just mean it looks like. They've been odd, compared to the other hive, since they were loaded.

Requeen before they get strong AND mean. I am not ashamed to suit up nor am I above not suiting up. I've had vicious hives attach me 100 yards away from the hive. I've had docile ones that you could work without a veil. Better safe than sorry.

The guard bees in my "rambo" hive, located about 75 yards from my house, will folllow me to the door, and then lie in wait for me the rest of the day. Recently, I worked the hive, made sure there were no bees following me, and went inside. When I came out a few hours later, I was stung within minutes. These bees have also chased other people all over the yard!

I've had the same experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12