Thread: New swarm vac

I did my first swarm capture of the season today. We start a little later here in New York. The January 2004 issue of Bee Culture features a swarm vac made of a transmission fluid funnel, a five-gallion water bottle, and a cordless dustbuster. I assembled one and got to test it out tonight on a three-pound swarm that was 15-feet up in a small maple tree in a schoolyard. I would recommend making this to others. It worked excellently and removed the bee danger from the schoolyard and now I have a new colony of bees, too. Thanks, Dan

Kayak,
    Would you consider sending me some instructions on how you built yours?
    Waya

Smile

kayakdg
    if you dont mind i would like a copy of the plans too, i looked under Bee Culture archives & found nothing
    thanks Deanna

I would like plans too........I could use my ryobi cordless vac....

I would like those plans also. I have a vac I made for getting them out of walls but it's pretty much a pain. pretty bulky. If you send it to garrison_stinnett@brandt-hill.com

Hi Guys, The article was titled Sucking Swarms by Don Sperry page 43 of the Jan 04 Bee Culture mag. The only change I did was that I used the 18 volt dust buster not the 7 volt that he used.The 7 volt one is just under $20, the 18 is almost $50. But in the words of Tim the Toolman "MORE POWER" I will take the mag to work and scan that page so I can e Mail it to you guys Thanks Dan