Thread: Front Page

Did anyone see the article in the atlanta journal constitution on the shortage of bees yesterday?

I missed it...when I left Atlanta I left the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation as well...LOL

BubbaBob

is the article available online? some newspapers do that

Lew

Perhaps the government could fund a program on small cell regression??

They could provide 4.9mm foundation rebates to beekeepers. Or zero interest loans on regression costs??

Disappointing the article did not mention this alternative.......Thanks for the link.

First someone would have to fund research to show that small cell actually works or not, and they haven't been interested in that.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Well they need to get with it. Hell they fund studies on hammers!!

I am going to write my legislators....

Dorgan is connected pretty well in agriculture....

I encourage others to do the same. Even if you don't agree the effectiveness of small cell, it should be researched.

With me it's not a matter of agreeing with or disagreeing with small cell, it's a matter of disagreeing with taxpayers paying to improve your or my private business. I can't find anywhere in the constitution that says that is the business of government...and an argument that they do it for other businesses won't wash here...two wrongs have never made a right and never will.

BubbaBob

I think they're looking at it from the perspective that honeybees may be in danger and need help, BubbaBob. That being said, I'm with you and I wish I didn't have to fund low-class baby farms.
    Central IL... where there are more hogs than people and more soybeans than hogs and people put together.

BubbaBob, I appreciate your view and only hope it extends to the military as well. A black hole of governmental waste and subsidized corperate business.

Actually, it does NOT extend to the military.

I'm a big fan of a little piece of paper called the US constitution, and also am fond of the bill of rights, especially the 10th anendment...the one that specifically limits the role of the federal government to powers granted it in the constitution. The constitution, if you cut all the extra wording, basically give the federal government responsibility of interstate infracture and protecting the country. Nowhere does it say government should take money from one person at the point of a gun and give it to someone else for business improvement.

BubbaBob

>Nowhere does it say government should take money from one person at the point of a gun and give it to someone else for business improvement.

I agree. But they do it everyday. No has paid attention to the 10th amendment since FDR.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Wonder what the country would be like if there were NO honey bees in it?

I'm with BubbaBob. One of my favorite things to point out is in the preamble to the constitution where it says "... Provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare..." Notice the wording there. Provide one and just promote the other. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael, you are right, but that doesn't justify doing it more...two wrongs have never made a right and never will.

People get away with murder every day but that doesn't mean I oughtta kill someone.

BubbaBob

What about the research that was funded by the Federial Goverment studying the effects of cow farts on the ozone, the research was done in Iowa around the mid 80's the results were that cows contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer....Forget how they sugessted to curb it. Corks I think...
    I wonder if fish farts do the same, how about we get a federial research grant to study that????
    \"ONLY WHEN THE LAST RIVER HAS BEEN DRIED UP<br />THE LAST TREE BEEN CUT DOWN<br />THE LAST WILD FISH CAUGHT<br />WILL MAN REALIZE YOU CAN\'T EAT MONEY\"<br />GHANDI (?)

After paying 21K last year and STILL owing 9K, you know which camp I'm in. I didn't make a ton of money... just took out some 401K. I liked rwjedi's comment about "promote" the general welfare- not fund it.

I'm glad the North won the war, so we're still a country, but we lost out on a lot of state's rights after that. A "state" is synonomous with "country", and that's how it was meant in 1776- independent countries bound together by a common defense. But now the feds control everything and tax you to death. But all this talking isn't going to make me any of that 9K that I still owe, so I'll get back on subject with this article about bees coming from Ausiland for almond pollination.

http://www.modbee.com/business/story...10862300c.html

GreenMountainRose