Angry

I just tried to get some Fumidil-B at Brushy Mountain Bee Farm. They informed me that Fumidil-B has been removed from the shelves by the EPA. If this is the case, what can I use to treat nosema?

Thanks

hello
    you tried the natrual oils yet?
    I've been useing them for over 5yrs have very good luck
    Don

No I have not tried any natural oils, which one would be used to treat noseam?

Kevin S. Lunsford Guest

Cool

Hello,
    I just got off the phone with Dadant's corporate office in Hamiliton. They said that they had heard the same rumor, but that no one has told them to stop selling Fumidil-B. Also, in this case oils will not work.
    Kevin

Ordered some from Mann Lake, well see if it makes it here. I would be interested if anyone can confirm what whether or not it has been banned.

Thanks for all the help.

regarding essential oils and other treaments for nosema- I read a summary of some research done in Australia (on a government website) regarding effective treatments for one of the nosema species (not apis, I don't believe), but the conclusion is, so far, that thymol seems to have a suppressive effect on the organism. The plant, spotted beebalm, contains thymol. Do bees forage on beebalm? Does the name of the plant indicate that it is a desirable bee forage, and if they do, do they have a lower incidence of nosema symptoms? Just wondering if thymol could be included in an IPM program with any results?

[This message has been edited by dragonfly (edited August 23, 2002).]

sorry- screwed up when trying to edit a post

What about using thyme oil as part of a spring and fall feeding regimen. It probably has the most thymol of any of the essential oils on the market. Does anyone know is this has been tried?

hello
    I been useing the natrual oils for over 5yrs=there is a disclamer on the net about the oils .
    I just had my state inspection=passed and out of 15 samples only found 1 mite in just one of the samples so this is on record.
    I sell queens and have to get inspected and was pleased with the results of the oils.
    you will have to make that choice your self
    Don beekeeper4u2@wmconnect.com