Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

>How many of you, when the inner cover pops, just leave the lid on for a few minutes until they calm back down?

I try not to "crack" the inner cover. I run my tool around the outside edge, then grab opposing corners and twist. That dislodges the burr and releases the cover. A few will still get angry, I suspect from a few getting squished in the twist. But they usually do not boil out of the hive even without smoke.

A hat, t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers during the summer. I carry a long shirt, pants and vail in case they're sassy but I havn't put 'em on in 2 years.

I only have one hive and I am very new to this
    I just use my work clothes but I have my Vail and gloves close by. I light the smoker but only use it if I have to.
    If I had to hurry I would suit up.

>Then there are the formal situations.

I would like to see Martha at one of the "formal situations". :>

Wink

Birthday Suit< LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL,>When just checking and removing the top cover, jeans or shorts, shirt or not, shoes or sandles, When I'm working deep in the hive or robing FULL Battle gear, I rob one frame at a time and brush the bees off, put the frame in an empty box w/a cover and move on. This year with the early spring out of 17 hives I might be able to rob just 5.

------------------
    'WHEN WE CLOSE OUR EYES WE ALL LOOK THE SAME' GWPW 03

I wear my veil at all times when opening hives. I am very light complicted(sp) so never wear shorts. So short sleeves and veil unless the hives are agressive or I am in a hurry(like some mentioned sometimes speed is better), then I have a long sleeve shirt handy and my gloves. I am going to get a full suit for removals. To many bees crawling on me when doing them and they always find a hole.

I have a full suit for removals and for visitors, most of the time i use an inspector style jacket with zipper veil and gloves. My hands are always warm and the bees rely go for the hands. I even tried wintergreen and spearmint oils on my hands. I also wear my carhart pants with double fronts and have never been stung while suited up I harvest one frame at a time with a brush.

rocky ridge bees Guest

since i live in mississippi, the reality of AHB IS ALWAYS ON MY MIND.in my bee yard i can get by with a vail, but i am trying to get in the custom of full dress. i help the city and county catching wild swarms.

I wear a veil, along sleaved shirt, and gloves. I tuck my pants into a pair of army boots. When I was starting out at 13 I used to just tuck my pants into my socks. The bees used to love stinging me there.
    I was working one of my hives yesterday and they got ticked off for some reason. About ten of them were attacking the bootlaces but not one sting. Ha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12