Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

to make the last regression on our ten small cel hives next year!!! and then split off of those in the summer. and we mighnt split off our big cell hives just to make up for what dies on the winter. raise our own queens. and oh yea make lots of honey. make lots of small cell frames this winter.

My first goal, which is a prerequisite to my second, is to increase my number of hives from 5 to 20.
    My second goal is to be able to watch my benchmark hive on the scale bring in an increase of 5#’s of honey per day.

Finally, I’d like to find a market for all my honey so that I can say that I’m the first human being on the planet to ever have a hobby that actually makes you money AFTER expenses! LOL!

Harvest about 350# of honey and get closer to Bullseye territory on swarm catching!

Move the hive I have on a farm to a new location. They are still working on filling their first super. The one in my yard has filled four.
    Convert both hives to small cell.

Busuke Guest

Learn about beekeeping enough so that I can start next year, and make it my main income in a couple of years.

Overwinter 60 hives with "0" losses, then get them to 300 hives by end of next summer. Get 300 double queen nuc's on the ground for my wife to sell queens next spring, not have my house repo'ed because I spent all the money buying wood...

My goal is to have 6 hives here in town and then ALOT more in the country on alfalfa......My eventual goal is to be a commercial keeper and work for myself......but the next few years will be buildig years......currently I have 4 hives in north central Kansas on alfalfa and soybeans of which two went bonkers and each produced an excess of about 90 pounds each.......one maybe made 30 pounds extra and the last has superseded the queen twice now...........they might have to be combined.....I hope the goldenrod gives them a boost but next week I am giving them 3 frames of capped brood from the other hives to boost them......and if the observation hive makes it through winter it is going to be put in a nuc in the spring and make it into a hive......anyway that is what I plan to do.

------------------
    You have to stop and smell the roses......but please watch out for my bees.

my goal is to start with 3 hives and maybe end up with 5-15 by the winter time , got a oldtime beekeeper close by that told me he would help me anyway he could. good for me lol

"Learn about beekeeping enough so that I can start next year, and make it my main income in a couple of years".

Wow Busuke, this is a very lofty goal.

Good Luck

1. I'd like to split and have four hives this spring.
    2. Hunting feral hives in the woods next
    spring.
    3. Introducing queens from Olympic Wilderness Apiary since they have similar goals to mine.
    4. Repair my honey extractor.
    5. Make several long Lang hives with Top bars.
    Get more honey

------------------
    the ~ox-{ at www.singingfalls.com

become a trout bum

I just started this year so I would like to expand from my one hive and add two small cell hives next year. Also need to purchase extracting equipment.

I hope to go from one hive to getting started in the commercial bee and queen business.
    But I will probably only add 25 to 30 hives next year and see how it goes. Much will be decided next year.

Big Grin

>become a trout bum

Getting a bit tired from pulling supers ,are we?Haha
    ----Mike(too sore to move this morning)

next week and i should be done for the first round. if luck's on my side, itll be all wrapped up come october 1st.

and yes, too tired to move. lol!

Introduce two people into the world of beekeeping, even if it costs me a hive or two.