Question

What is a Super Dumping Board? Plans for construction are here on this website.

I've searched the web, and all of my books and I cannot find what it is either. Is there ANYONE who has ANY knowledge of what a super dumping board is? It would really help satisfy my curiosity.

Thumbs down

I thought it might be used to push the frames out of a super for extracting but the measurements are not right.

Either that or -
    You put the thing on the floor with the curved ends down, stack all you honey supers on top of it. Then you stick your foot into the slot and lift. There by "dumping" all your supers!

[This message has been edited by The Honey House (edited August 22, 2002).]

Hi guys -

After all this time, I still can't figure out how it is used. Surely someone knows an old beekeeper who would know something about this? Please let me know if anyone finds out and I'll put the description right on the web page. I'm beginning to wonder if it was some brainstorm from a USDA worker that never was completed yet somehow the drawing got distributed and now it keeps cycling around and no one knows what it is used for. Hehehe.

It's probably just a widget.

-Barry

I've always prided myself in being able to figure out what tools were designed for, but I can't figure this one. Any theory I've got get's blown away by the dimensions not being right. It would be something to find out it's something I really could have used all these years but didn't have. Maybe someone at the USDA knows?

I have a guess, I think you put the super on the lower board on its end then you flip the super up side down across the upper board the you lift off the box, then the frames should stand upside down the board for you do with what you wish. From my interpretation it seems like a lot of work, but it might save time. Maybe if the frames are glued down with a lot of propulis gravity would get the frames out faster than prying them out with the hive tool?

????????????????????????
    Joseph
    jtjrson@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Got Honey? (edited August 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Got Honey? (edited August 23, 2002).]

It's the best theory I've heard, but I have my doubts about how well it would work. Do you think they would balance upside down? Might be worth trying it to see, if I ever have the time.