Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Barry,
    THANKS for a great BB. Put me down for $20 and let me know where so send it.

Hey Barry. I've probably pestered you enough on tailgater that I'd better go the full 50. In all seriousness, I respect your open-door policy and I think this site is one of the best resources beekeepers could have. I am happy to invest in its strength, just give me the details.

P.S. You might want to set up a paypal account to facilitate this sort of thing.

I'll send you $20. This site has been far more valuable than any book I could have ever hoped to have purchased.

Send me an email with instructions, or the paypal address.

Edit: Since we are talking about this I would again just like to recommend that we switch to PhpBB. It's free, has many more features, and is SQL driven so it would be much faster than this. Not that I dont love this software, in my own special way.

------------------
    -Scotty

Weekly progress of my hive(s): http://bees.total-x.org

[This message has been edited by Scotty (edited November 22, 2004).]

<<Edit: Since we are talking about this I would again just like to recommend that we switch to PhpBB. It's free, has many more features, and is SQL driven so it would be much faster than this.>>

Hi Scotty -

The dilemmas I have are several. The biggest issue is the archived messages and membership being able to transfer to any new program. Obviously, staying with the same BB software makes this a non issue. The other is what works best on my host's server. Right now the entire site is being hosted at one place. It allows me some advantages since it's hosted by my brother's business. Unfortunately, his server software (SQL) is not optimally matched with the BB software. He would like me to convert the board to database driven. Then the issue of converting all the existing text becomes an issue. Something I've put off because I don't have unlimited funds to spend in this area. I've decided to open this up to the members and visitors of Beesource. I'll put a donation link on the site and include a page that lists all the costs incurred just to keep the site going at it's current level. I am at a place where I have to make some major decisions about the site. It can't keep going as is due to personal reasons, so I will attempt to see if there is enough interest by the users to at least cover the costs.

Until I have the donations link live, you can email me for an address.

barry@birkey.com

Regards

[This message has been edited by Barry (edited November 22, 2004).]

Barry - I really appreciate this BB and was wondering how I could contribute. Please send me your address and how I should make out the check, and I'l gladly send you $25.

John

I sent it to you.