Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

morel mushrooms / swarm map?

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Jason G in Tennessee 
G
#1 ·
Hey,
I am a fanatic when it comes to bees, but I also love to hunt morel mushrooms.
Last year I ran across a site for morel hunters that had a map that had dots on it for morel sightings.
WOULD there be a way for us to post a map for the SPRINGTIME for when the bees start to SWARM?
On the same topic, maybe the same map could have different colored dots for when someone sees the flow begin for their area in the Spring and another colored dot for the Fall flow.
Just an idea. We could go to the map and put in our login and password and it would post a dot for us when we get our first swarm or swarm call.
What do you think? Is it feasible or desirable?
Jason

G
#4 ·
http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/morels/maps/progress_maps.html

Last year they had a map that changed hourly/daily with new dots being added as people reported their finds.
It appears that they have not begun the map for this year yet.
They do have the last three years of maps with progession marked by week or day for morels archived.
I hope the above site helps.
It would be nice to have something like this for our site.

G
#10 ·
Actually, I am not sure how difficult it would be for our Beesource webmasters to do this, but I think it would be a very valuable resource. They may want to take a peek at what the shroomers have done at their site.

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.