Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Bee Suit

If you want the cheap non-stingproof version you can get a bug baffler jacket. It's only ONE layer of mesh, but it's cheap AND cool AND lightweight. I wear one on nice hot days when I expect the bees to be in a good mood. But if a lot of them decide to sting they will get through it. It just slows them down.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I wonder if you stiched two Bug Bafflers together creating 2 layers how much that would reduce stinging.

Like you say they are cheap.

>BB, I really wish we could post pictures of what each person thinks of other posters. That would be interesting..

I still have that vision of a grandmother of six, or so you said... You needn't wonder about me, my pics (pre shave) are posted on the site.

Sundance, you still haven't said how much money you sent and for what size. Dan is still scratching his head :confused:
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

>I wonder if you stiched two Bug Bafflers together creating 2 layers how much that would reduce stinging.

The secret of the Golden Bee Products suit is the thicker mesh in the middle that keeps the other two apart enough that a stinger can't get through.

As far as two bug bafflers, you wouldn't have to stitch, just put two of them on.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

>Does anyone have a photo posted of the Golden Bee suit?

>I do.

Bullseye Bill, I tried your website but it seems to be down. I'd like to get a look at this body armor.
    I've found it easier to keep bees than keep relationships. At least when I'm stung by bees I know why.

>>Sundance, you still haven't said how much money you sent and for what size. Dan is still scratching his head

BB.... Maybe its a big secret!
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

lol

BB gave the prices so I didn't chime in. $219 for the suit with gloves (I too did not want the gloves)

I purchased the Golden Bee Suit in July 2005 to fit a person 6'1", 220 pounds, for $229.00 which included the extra large sized gloves. The lining in the rubber gloves quickly separated due to perspiration making the gloves useless. The suit allows ventilation and is cooler to wear during the hot Oklahoma July and August days. I'm pleased with the suit and will purchase another as a replacement.

I wore the gloves until they gave out. But they did inspire me to start wearing regular deerskin gloves and put them under the cuffs like the Golden Bee Products ones. Cheaper AND cooler than the standard "bee" gauntlets.

>I tried your website but it seems to be down.

Must have something to do with me moving, I'll have to call and find out. Sorry.

>I purchased the Golden Bee Suit in July 2005 to fit a person 6'1", 220 pounds, for $229.00

Whew!, Bjorn is going to have to caugh up a LOT more!

I'd go naked before I had to spend that much!

Not a pretty thought. Thanks Bjorn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

My eyes! My eyes!
    Dulcius ex asperis

>I'd go naked before I had to spend that much!

It's cooler, and cheaper, but that outfit is not very sting proof.

I hear tell the Charlie Mraz used to work his bees in shorts and tee shirt. The King of Bee Sting Therapy lived what he talked, I guess.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

After viewing this post,I am excited about acquiring one of Mr. Lemoine's suits. I spoke with him today,what a character.And to think that for 15 yrs,probably a lot longer than that he was located within a couple of miles of me. I did several removals last year during intense heat all the while sweating and nearly passing out each time. He said he will send me a suit when I send him a check.

I have worn the Golden Bee suit into Wally World with only a pair of briefs, and my boots on. I had a woman stop me, and asked if I was wearing a chemical suit. To hold the mesh in your hand, you would think you could see through it, but you can't, maybe if you look at an angle. Down here in Texas, it is still hot to wear, but I have never worn any other type to compare it to. Here you sweat sitting in the shade, in the late afternoon.
    jrhelliott@gmail.com

Just sent my check for a suit. Cost $199 with the gloves of course and shipping included. I am 5'10" 185. Great guy to talk to, a real character.

Lemoine's patent expires January 2008 so expect other people to sell the same type of suits.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com