Thread: Terramycin-343

I picked up some terramycin-343 at the local farm store, however the directions for giving to bee's is a little vague. Anyone familiar with this product? On the back it simply states to administer 200mg per colony, it doesn't give the amount per gal or the amount per lb of sugar. It is a 4.78 oz package or (oxytetracycline HCL) SOLUBLE POWDER

hummm.... all I am familar with is tm-25. 343 is a new one on me brother.

Is the product made by pfizer?
    In bigger letters is the weight of the packet. It will say something like "net weight:6.4oz(181.4g) In smaller writing somewhere on the packet, it usually will state the amount of oxytetracycline is actually in the packet, in grams. (10 grams, 25 grams, etc.) Most of the packs are listed as TM-10 or TM 25. Is this pack rather large? I wonder why the "343"??? That would be alot of grams of TM.

Most packaging also has a customer service number. I do not have pfizer's number at the moment. Call and ask. They will tell you. Or go on-line and contact the maker of the product.

I would be careful about using it until you found out what the '343' ment.
    TXBEE

Ok, here we go, It is made by "pFizer" below where it says "for control and treatment of specific diseased in poultry,catle, swine,sheep,and bees. It says "this packet contains 102.4 grams of Oxytetracycline HCL and will make:
    512 gallons(1938 L) containing 200mg oxytetracycline
    HCL per gal.
    256 gal (969 L)containing 400 mg Oxy per gal
    128 gal (484 L) containing 800 mg oxytet. per gal
    I don't want to assume that the top 200mg per gal is the one for the bees, however that would seem reasonable, just bee ing cautious. It seems that this $7.00 package will last me forever, 512 gallons for a few hives....WOW

Or 1 gram per 5 gallon, which would give 1 gallom each for 5 hives.

If you reload ammunition, you have a grain scale for gunpowder. If not, you can buy one for $19.95. 1 gram is approx. 15.5 grain.

Hi everone this is my first post but I wanted to get in on this one. I had the same problem with measureing terramycin. Mine was Terramycin HCI in a 6.4oz packet but gave the same mg dose of 200.Ok let me let a little stuped run out. I do reload and have a grain scale, iddee how many mgs does it take to make a gram.I finnaly used a level teaspoon full to an oz. of powderd suger and sprinkled it over the top bars thre times at 5to7 day intervals.

If you have a grain scale, it takes 15.5 grains to make a gram.

It takes 1000 miligrams to make a gram.

It takes .2 grams to make 200 miligrams.

It takes 28.3 grams to make an ounce.

Got it, I also reload...go 2nd amendment...just makin sure before I kill my first hives.