Thread: Queen Juice

What kind of alcohol do you guys use to put your queens in? Is it just "Alcohol" or is there another name for it? I wanna make sure I get the right one because I have to go shoulder tapping(19) for someone to get it for me.

Danny
    Happiness is something final and complete in itself, as being the aim and end of all practical activities whatever .... Happiness then we define as the active exercise of the mind in conformity with perfect goodness or virtue.

GONE are the days of fake ID's, now they make you slide it through the credit card scanner to make sure your drivers liscense is authentic.
    Happiness is something final and complete in itself, as being the aim and end of all practical activities whatever .... Happiness then we define as the active exercise of the mind in conformity with perfect goodness or virtue.

BAM.

Well, just some isopropanol alcohol.

It simply must evaporate, it is just an agent to contain, preserve and transport the queen's pheromone.
    \"You\'ve got to stop beating up your women because you can\'t find a job, because you didn\'t want to get an education and now you\'re (earning) minimum wage.\"<br /><br />-Bill Cosby

Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol will work fine and you can buy it at any drug store and many other places without being 21.

You can't drink it....

George-
    Dulcius ex asperis

"""" Without a strong chaser""""

Seriously, tho, It works, and only about a dollar.

I just used isopropyl, but any ethonal, isopropanol or methanol will work. You can buy rubbing alcohol, Heet, vodka, everclear...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Define what you are doing please???

To dispose of old queens and get swarm lure from them, you dump the old queen in a jar of alcohol and later use the alcohol for swarm lure.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks.... I had an inkling but there were other stranger options........

Hey Guys,

I thought you had to use mead and it was involved in some kind of master beekeeper right of passage ritual :&gt))

Regards
    Dennis
    I once wrangled bees. But now, knowing better, I just let them bee.
    http://talkingstick.me/category/bees/

Where can I find this info? I had never heard of it before now. Thanks!

AH, thanks for the info, now I gotta go hit up some local beekeepers to see if I can have there old queens when they requeen this fall.

Danny

MAN you would not believe how many people who keep bees dont know about this site, ive been having a joy spreading the good word about this site but its shocking that still so many dont know about this site.

Danny