I've moved this question from the "diseases" category, because my question to Will has gone off topic and I thought it better suited to the Bee Forum:

Will, thanks for all the help. I think these two hives are stronger than you're imagining. They put up a pretty good hum when I fog them! I plan to go into all my hives within the next week to evaluate the goings on and to take off surplus honey. Do you think I should just join the two weak hives, or put each weak hive with one-half of my very strong two-queen colony? Whatever your answer, I think I'm going to go ahead and order a couple of those double screen boards--I think they might come in handy for a lot of things. Now, because of the very thorough explanation in your last post, I have another question: I read somewhere that a two-queen colony should be split into two separate hives for the winter. Are you saying I do not have to split my two-queen colony this fall? Sure would make thinks a lot easier! Assembly of my two-queen colony from bottom up is: Bottom board, deep hive body, queen excluder, Imirie shim, 2 shallow supers, queen excluder, Imirie shim, the second brood box, another Imirie shim and three honey supers. Are you saying I can just remove the three top honey supers for extraction and leave the 2 in the center for the bees to overwinter, or do I have to dissassemble and remove the Imirie shims?

Sorry, I didn't see the new thread. I posted a reply back in old thread.

Gotcha. Thanks, Will, for all your help and patient information. As soon as this tropical storm gets past us, I'll be taking care of everything we discussed.