http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...863428290&rd=1

enjoy!

if anyone wants this, i would buy it under the condition that it is alive in spring and you can pick it up then

justgojumpit

Wow People will sell any thing.

Might be a nice chance to get some african bees to play with.

I have had a lot of removal calls where they actuly wanted me to pay them for the bees.

It's the conception that people get when a beekeeper runs out and does a job for free. They get to thinking that we are going to make massive amounts of money from the bees we pick up. That is why I would encourage any beekeeper that does removals to charge SOMETHING. Most importantly make them understand that your time, gas, vehicle, equipment, and ongoing care for the bees are a burdon, and the little that you charge them will fall way short of your expence.

Knowing EBay someone will probably buy it. I hope not.

I couldn't see any bees clustered on these combs. Since it's for 'local pickup only' I hope someone doesn't drive over there and just find wax up in that tree!

Wink

Bullseye Bill; I agree with you. Even when I tear into a building for bees I'm still getting paid and make sure that the owner knows that I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A CONTRACTOR, (they have the choice) I also tell them that what little I charge goes into my time and gas. I won't 'buy bees' like that in the picture. IMHO: When we remove bees from someones property, we are doing them a service, both the BEES and the person that called.

------------------
    'WHEN WE CLOSE OUR EYES WE ALL LOOK THE SAME' GWPW 03

This is too punny! I noticed they didn't mention how high the colony was. Do I hear african drums beating in the background?

somebody should buy the hive then cut the tree down to get the hive . the next time they will pay someone to get the hive down. probably AHB anyways.

If it was in my area, I would pay 1 dollar for it. Without too many comments, it would be neat and you never know what you would get. Maybe good feral stock.

I have two colonies of swarms that were outdoor hives. They are in empty deeps, with comb drawn boxes on top. Not sure if they have moved up yet, but they are still active on warm days. It was neat when someone stopped by this past summer, to be able to hold the branch up and show them a colony caught in this manner.

There is also a very good chance of the "parent" hive being within eye site of this hive. Could get another feral hive.

I think paying for a swarm is stupid. But if it took 1 dollar to have something to play with such as this, is one dollar that much?

Cool

http://members.cox.net/bullseyebees/_sgt/m3m2_1.htm

Here there are pictures of just such a colony I was PAID to pick up this year. Look under the heading REMOVALS.

I did the same as Bjorn, trimmed it to fit a box and put drawn combs of honey above it for them to move up into during the winter.

I will probably give it to a school teacher for class exhibit, IF I can keep the wax moths from eating it. Any ideas on how to preserve it?

Not a good auction on ebay in my opinion. I asked a question of the seller about what kind of bees they were. Just because it is annoying to see, I would propose that everyone from beesource ask a question of the seller and add this auction to your watch list. Maybe if enough people ask questions the seller will end the auction early.

On how to keep a hive with moth problems alive, feed them, replace the ole lady as able, take care of any other disease conditions.

nursebee, did you also see that this was the first item(or second) that the seller has sold. The seller only has a "one" posted next to the id. She has not even gone through the house to sell all the crap, and she picks a wild feral colony to sell. Go figure.

Speaking of....Down in the tailgator or for sale forum,(not sure now that I'm out) some guy has posted some website about his story of hairloss. I had written a piece on my wish for the moderator to delete this type of "one-time" post that does nothing but advertise a product or website, but then it would not let me post the reply. Said something about "not enough space" or that I was beong blocked. Whats up?

Now the whole thread is gone as mentioned above. Some moderator is on the ball today. I better be on the good side. (as always )

I think the only time I have seen a moderator act that fast was the morning the "XXX" websites were posted.

[This message has been edited by BjornBee (edited December 28, 2004).]

>On how to keep a hive with moth problems alive, feed them, replace the ole lady as able, take care of any other disease conditions.

Nursebee,
    Sorry you misunderstood. I meant how to preserve a hive like this AFTER the bees move out. Just for demonstration purposes.

Bullseye: If you could find a freezer, chest or up right place it in side for a minimum of 48-72 hrs. at 0-10 degrees F. Afterwards keep it in
    the presents of a small quanity of bee moth
    crystals, (PDB).

>Any ideas on how to preserve it?

Spray it down with Certan and the moths will never bother it.

Way too harsh people. Come on now. It's only a sale. I give the seller credit for coming up with a novel idea. Probably found a hive on the property and may have a solution to get rid of it AND make a little money. Would you rather have the seller kill it? Pay money to remove it? No buyer is going to buy it unless the buyer knows what he/she is doing and has to be a local. The bees would most likely be going to a better home than the seller who doesn't want them. Why the anger?