What have any of you heard about Honey from China? I have heard that England tested Chinese Honey and have baned it and also USA has followed the same example. ???????? Any one heard anything about this? Dale

There are so many places to begin with.

It has been banned by most countries. Even Russia has banned it from coming to them. What I want to know is what is going to happen to the millions of pounds still sitting at port in California? They can not send it back. China will not issue letters of credit for it.

Would there be a livestock feed value like there is for molassas as a feed for cattle and horses? Or is it absolutely and completely banned from touching the soil?

Bill as I understand it the Chineese honey has been found to contain chemical contaminates. If this were to be fed to cattle or put into the food chain you would have to assume the next link in that food chain would also contain traces of the chemicals. Best put would be " we are what we eat". Look forward to any other thoughts on this issue. Happy beekeeping! Karl.

Last I heard,testing was still in progress on the Chinese honey sitting at the ports.A big part of the problem is that other countries were in involved in helping China avoid paying the tarrifs by claiming it was from their countries.So you have drums coming in that are actually Chinese but labeled from some other country.The only thing I am sure of ,is if someone doesnt stay on top of this some way will be found to get it in when the heat dies down.So far the American Honey Producers Assn.has been carrying the ball on this and could use more support from beekeepers.In my opinion the AHPA should get the credit for this years high prices.