Question

I am the girl that did the 4-H essay. For my 4-H project I want to set up three hives. I just picked up a whole truck of used bee supplies. It came in boxes and bags. After sorting out everything I can put togather two Langstroth hives. I cleaned them up the best I could and painted the out sides to match. I plan to build 1 hive in my woodshop class. Some of the frames were still solid but had black areas. Do I want to start with new frames? The question is where is a good place where I can shop on line from Northan California? What kind of fondation are good for my area( Wax or beeswax. Also could I use the stingless bees in my area? Thanks again for all your help Renee

Hi there. Dadant has a branch in Fresno. You can shop online at
    http://www.dadant.com/catalog/

Hope this helps you. They do have beginers kits available.

Renee, I suggest you join a local bee club and try to find a mentor in your area.Try this link for Ca. clubs http://www.beeculture.com/beeculture...ho_2002.htm#CA
    Jack

I don't have a starter kit. But the stuff I was given included 4 hives (I could only make two good hives) a brush, two white coveralls, two pairs of gloves, two head nets but only one hat ( I plan to use my cowboy hat for the other net), a extracter, Heated uncapping Knife. I want to build 1 hive for a woodworking project and display at the county fair. I think I need a smoker, a hive tool and frames and foundations.

Renee, If you need bee's try wootengoldqueens@aol.co, They are located at Palo Cedro, Ca. Hope this helps, Dale

Dadant in Chico,get their free catalog 1-877-332-3268. Glorybee in Eugene has an online order catalog.Just do a google search for the Glorybee website.
    I was terrified of bees when I was young.I think I overcompensated!
    ---Mike