Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm happy to see the same comglomerate the owns the citrus also owns the almonds. Winning in court would be nice, but so would not pollinating their almonds next year.
    Southeast PA - 7 colonies, local mutts on natural comb, TF
    George Imirie's INDEXED Pink Pages: http://goo.gl/WiZUH3

I think the citrus growers should purchase the 2 miles around them then kill anything that moves with their poison sprays. In the alternative do the trespassing bees carry dog tags to identify them as who they belong to? There are a LOT of wild bees in that area and this really is nothing more than molarky and a way to off the bee keepers.
    Bunny

Next migratory waterfowl will not be "allowed" to fly over their mandarin trees! Gotta wonder who they will sue for dandelion seeds blowing onto their property next! Crazy
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

should be interesting to see how this turns out.
    sounds like the orange growers need to set up some kind of fine mesh netting to place over their trees.

so will beekeepers have to start registering their queen's genetics so they can trace where the honey bees come from?

All this bruhaha is added to the fact that the orange bloom was short due to cold at the beginning and extreme rapid warming. The weather conditions didn't allow a good crop of nectar to be gathered, and everyone I talked to (including my few hives) did poorly in the oranges. Orange blossom honey may be short this year
    His Hive Honey Farm - Do all for His glory!

If one builds a supermarket in the middle of the highway, can one reasonably expect the trucks to go around?
    My Mom's other kids are smarter than me, but i'm not nearly as nice.

I posted the Following in reply to the newspaper article:

I just wonder if the citrus growers and their attorneys are prepared to sue the feral (WILD) beehives in the area as well. This is just plain ridiculous and should be laughed out of court. Besides it is the Citrus growers who are violating the laws of nature by trying to produce a "Seedless" Orange.

those clementine oranges are very good.

I would be shocked if he finds a beekeeper to pollenate his almonds next year. Its like get your bees away from my oranges or I will sue your #@@ off, but please bring them to my almond trees.

I think Paromount Farms has a beekeeper on thier payroll and probably owns some bees for almond pollination but probably not near enough to do it all.

I am afraid this is just one problem that we are going to face in the future with bees.

Have any of you considered that this might be the first step in driving independent beekeepers out of the market and the growers starting their own bee products/services corporation?

Its not nice to fool with mother nature!!
    Clint
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

&gt;Have any of you considered that this might be the first step in driving independent beekeepers out of the market and the growers starting their own bee products/services corporation

If that happens I'll be the first to sue when thier bees land on my dandelions.

If they allow a law suit for this then what is next: your bee flew onto my property and assaulted(stung) me, I am sueing for pain & suffering, doctor bill & emotional trama. I think this company needs to install insect proof netting to prevent all insects from getting on there trees, it is not only beekeepers who have bees not to mention everything else that could cause cross pollenation. What If someone bought the property beside of them and put a different type of orange trees on it and the wind starts blowing?

[size="1"][ May 22, 2006, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Ruben ][/size]

Must be a California thing. In Texas we'd have roasted marshmallows over the first letter.

And then we would have rosted marshmallows over cut Mandarin orange wood!
    "The UNKNOWN, huh? That would be SNORBERT ZANGOX over in Waycross."

&gt;&gt;Must be a California thing.
    Actually , I heard Spain is having the same problem.Apparently the Gov was supposed to reimburse beeks for staying away but of course they didnt pay up.
    This sounds like a case of corporation farming and their dum bass lawyers trying to have their way through intimidation.But it has implications for all beeks if they get away with it.Common sense says they wont but you never know these days.

Counter sue. Keep your pollen at home or else, it makes me sneeze. Obviously its a serious health hazard and is costing me 1000's of dollars a year along with pain and suffering......

&gt;&gt;&gt;Counter sue.
    For nonpayment of pollination services.

Or tell them to move their operation to an island.
    Bee all you can Bee!
    http://www.hamiltonapiary.net

&gt;Counter sue. Keep your pollen at home or else, it makes me sneeze. Obviously its a serious health hazard and is costing me 1000's of dollars a year along with pain and suffering......

Precisely. All of the pollen sufferers should sue everyone else to cut down ALL the trees on the planet if they can't keep the pollen restricted to their own yards. It makes perfect sense.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast