When you guys assemble supers do they have any wobble to them? Mabye 1/4 to 1/8" worth" All of my deeps were purchased from Dadant, and I have been putting them together and was not sure if this uneveness is a problem. Not all of them are like this, only a few.

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, a wobble is normal. I get mine from Mann Lake. Pine shrinks slightly differently from piece to piece. I made the mistake of waiting several months one time and had a heck of a time just trying to fit the ends together (due to shrinkage & warping). Once together, the wood dries and the pieces keep the others straight.

You made sure they were square right? Sometimes the wobble a little. But usually they don't. If they do, I try to stack them up with a concrete block on top to hold them straight.

I make all my boxes with rabbet joints and glue them with "Liquid Nails" and like Mike I square them and set them on a leval surface with a wieight on them till they dry and there is vey little movement when dry.
    I also cross nail them.

Howdy DC ---

If you assemble them on a piece of 3/4" plywoood so that they sit FLAT, you will not have
    this problem. Use two 3/4" strips to hold the sides right and nail the ends in place. Don't worry about the corners being a little off. Sitting flat is more important than the corners.

Doc