Hybrid View

In southern Quebec and Ontario it has been a bumber crop. time to rejoice

Had a great spring crop, started exracting the last week of June, a month earlier than ever before, and got around 60 lbs./ hive. No summer flow (basswood) at all due to high temperatures. Fall crop below normal )75 lbsd vs/ 90-100 normal) due to 4 weeeks of no rain however we had 3 inches from Katrina at the beginning of Golden Rod and are gaining some ground back. A slightly above average year in the Finger Lakes.

i'm in the fraser valley in southern bc. I came into the spring with 20 hives and bought 30 packages and then split again to get the 100 hives i have now, so much of the energy of the flows we've had went into the build up of our splits, all else considered, we still hauled in 3000 lbs, the maple flow was below average, the black berries were quickly gone because of rain, and in this last part it seems i had a crop of honeydew in my eastern part of the valley yard. we brought our hives up to an area in the mountains for fireweed but the bees seemed to fine the honeydew again (most upsetting, i do say). over all it was an average year.
    Will Gruenwald Chilliwack BC

May is usually the month when hives in this area build up a large population. This year, because of rain and cold the month was almost a complete loss. The bees weren't ready when the main flow started. We had a good warm summer, so the bees recovered fairly well. Now that the goldnrod is in bloom, we have had another week of rain, so the late crop will probably also be decreased.

Over all I would call it a below average year, but not terrible.
    Linux - World domination through world cooperation

Due to record winter rains in the Central Coast of Ca. we also got bumper crops. First sage harvest in three years, and the hives in avocado orchards and raspberry farms produced lots due to wild flowers in the area.

It's very dry now, and except for a few irrigated area like in town things have stopped.

A very good year here still have some extracting to do yet.I will end up with 900 to 1000 lbs from 7 hives.Now i have rto do some marketing,but a good problem to have.
    Mitch KD8IMF

Joel basically described Central PA except that the normally plentiful white clover dried out this summer.