rocky ridge bees Guest

hi all ivan is coming to meridian m.s. got extra blocks on top .hope tree do not fall on them. they are a little cranky today . the hard wind are going to be here tonight hurricanes, cause a lot of the older trees to up root. just hope they make it

Hi hope everything is gonna be ok. The last time we had a scare i screwed 1x6,s on all sides from top to bottom board . the top got screwed on too. I stacked a few blocks on top also. the screw gun came in handy , they didnt like the hammering .

mal

I know I am much farther in land but I am supose to get 40-55 mile and hour winds. I did put extra concrete blocks on top. I do feel sorry for the bees and beekeepers in this path. Good luck, and well wishes for you.

We got 60 MPH gusts just the other day. Knocked over a lot of empty equipment, blew off one top cover (and left the inner cover) and blew a migratory cover off of a mating nuc. Of course, also some limbs and shingles on the house.

I like the idea of screwing them all together, but if they are tall, you may still want some kind of anchor to keep them from tipping over.

I drove a rebar stake six foot long both sides of hives. Tied one across the top. They are about 2 feet in the ground. This bee yard is in North Central Alabama. Brother-in-law says trees are falling like dead soldiers. Let you know how they worked!

Lightbulb

we dodge tornados here. I have heard of people putting steel T post in the ground on all sides and circling all of the hive and post with a rachet strap. You could screw them together first then put post around them and then tie them down.

Sad

"we dodge tornados here. I have heard of people putting steel T post in the ground on all sides and circling all of the hive and post with a rachet strap."

I used this method to keep deer from rubbing against my hives and knocking them over before I put up my wire field fence. I wish I had gone straight to using electric fence.

Mark

rocky ridge bees Guest

hi all,the bees came though fine winds got up to 68 miles per hour. we lost power here,so i pulled out my trusty dell lap top. they say power will be off 2 or three days.thanks for the help, DEANO.