Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

>She started laying in comb that was only partially drawn out, and her workers continued drawing that comb she had laid in.

This is typical. Queens will lay in comb that is 1/4" deep and the workers will finish drawing it as the larvae developes.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

dang double post, my answer below

[size="1"][ June 02, 2006, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: TwT ][/size]
    Ted

>>>>She started laying in comb that was only partially drawn out, and her workers continued drawing that comb she had laid in.

yup most queens of any breed does this, ford you need to flip a coin,,,, you either will tolerate the aggravating for honey production or you will pinch her head off and take a chance on what they raise or what queen you intro to this hive???? just my 2 penny's worth!!!
    Ted

I think you're right Ted. I think I will hang on to her for all the entertainment she gives me! Her production is amazing. I will keep you posted.

She sounds pretty awesome to me. It seems like your Russians need to be kept busy, or they get aggro. I would just keep splitting when the hive gets too big to be kept busy.
    Dat rosa mel apibus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12