Would like to here from those that take pollen for arthritis and other aches and pains. does it really work and does it have
    any draw backs? thank you

I hadn't heard of pollen for arthritis. I've heard of it for allergies. I've heard of stings for arthritis. Since I'm not allergic and I don't have arthritis, I have no experience with either, or maybe that's why I don't.

I have numerous pollen allergies. Have done injection therapy etc. for years. Have noticed this spring for the first time, that I don't have to medicate (antihistamines and decongestants) to get through the day and still breathe. Spoke to someone who claims that eating local comb honey makes the difference. Can't prove it either way, but have certainly consumed more comb honey in the last year than ever before in my life. I am waiting to see what this fall brings.

[This message has been edited by ChellesBees (edited May 22, 2003).]

The reason I ask is a friend wanted to know
    if other people take it. He knows someone
    who takes a teaspoon full once a day, and
    has no arthritis in his hand but if he misses a couple of days his hands start to
    swell.He swares by it , just wanted to know
    if anyone else can say the same.
    What is the best way of collecting pollen?
    and how often do you take it from the hives
    with out hurting the bees. thank you Linwood

To get pollen you need a pollen trap. They are complex enough that I'd rather buy one, but there are plans on this sight to make one. They run from $25 to $65 or more. I used one 30 years ago, but haven't bothered since and was considering buying one again to get pollen for feeding the bees. The "Sundance" pollen trap seems popular but also expensive.

To use it, it goes on the entrance and the bees have to squeeze through an opening smaller than a queen excluder that forcer the pollen off of some of their legs. Not much pollen get's in with it on, so you should either have another small entrance that some of the pollen gatherers can get in (small so some will still go through the trap) or take the trop on an off every other day so they can bring in pollen. If they bees can't get a steady source of pollen the open brood will all die. Unlike honey, the bees won't clean your pollen for you, so you have to sort through it and take out any dead bees, bee parts etc.

Also while the trap is on, if you don't have another small entrace somwhere, the drones can't get out and the because the openings are too small and dead drones will pile up somewhere.

Hi Linwood

I don't know enough about apitherapy yet to answer your question in regard to pollen, but if you will go to an excellent site called www.danielchapterone.com, enter "arthritis" in the search window and hit the go button, you will find an excellent herbal cure for arthritis. Stay with it and the condition will be cured, not just alleviated.

Arthritis is essentially not a disease, but a condition caused by nutritional deficiencies which the herbs can correct. My feeling is that the vitamins, minerals, and most importantly, the enzymes in the pollen would have an extremely beneficial effect in harmony with the herbs.

There is a possibility that there is also a neurological component involved as well, but that is usually not the case. You didn't state where you are suffering from the arthritis, but it is usually in one of the limbs, so if this is the case, and you are also experiencing any pain or numbness in that limb then I would suggest a visit to a chiropractor to see if there is any nerve blockage involved. Other than that just go for the herbs and get well.

Dr. Joel

Smile

Hi Linwood

I don't know enough about apitherapy yet to answer your question specifically in regard to pollen, but if you will go to an excellent site called www.danielchapterone.com, enter "arthritis" in the search window and hit the go button, you will find an excellent herbal cure for arthritis. Stay with it and the condition will be cured, not just alleviated.

Arthritis is essentially not a disease, but a condition caused by nutritional deficiencies which the herbs can correct. My feeling is that the vitamins, minerals, and most importantly, the enzymes in the pollen would have an extremely beneficial effect in harmony with the herbs.

There is a possibility that there is also a neurological component involved as well, but that is usually not the case. You didn't state where you are suffering from the arthritis, but it is usually in one of the limbs, so if this is the case, and you are also experiencing any pain or numbness in that limb then I would suggest a visit to a chiropractor to see if there is any nerve blockage involved. Other than that just go for the herbs and get well.

Dr. Joel

I don't know why I am getting multiple posts on this site. Will investigate on my end.

Joel,

I tried to access the web site you recommended and couldn't get to it. Is it spelled wrong?

Thanks

Dave

www.danielchapterone.com
    Looks like a comma got stuck in with the hyperlink.

Thanx, yes it was just sloppy typing on my part. I keep forgetting that computers are essentially dumb and only do what I say, not what I mean.