Well, I got the old hive I found moved yesterday. I carefully moved it over to the new bottom board and taped up all the holes in the old wood with duct tape. I put a new hive body with new frames on top, the old inner cover and lid were fine so I used those again. Filled the feeder and all went very well. The whole time they never were agressive only one bee kept buzzing loudly and banging into the veil.(I had the whole suit). I will leave them now until spring. I could not remove the old frames so I have not yet been able to inspect the queen or the brood.
    Question: What are the bees doing when they hang on to the entrance with their rears in the air buzzing their wings like crazy? There were a lot doing that at the new hive entrance when I was done with moving everything.

Probably is the Nosonov pheromone. They do it to get everyone to the new place or back to the old place. Sometimes they are ventilating, but ventialtors don't usually have their butts so noticably in the air.

That would make sense, thanks a lot. This has been a very interesting thing to learn about.

Round Top, New York - Northern Catskill Mtns.

Congratulations on moving the old hive and getting it setup. Good luck and enjoy the hive.