Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The dandelions are blooming here, but we don't have our bees yet - we were supposed to get them tomorrow, but now they've been put off til next weekend
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

Nick: My hives are split 50/50. The strong ones right now are very good with 3/4 deep frames of capped brood and exploding!! I have a couple of weak hives also that I just moved to nucs to try to save.
    I even saw drones flying today here in SW Michigan. I started checkerboarding today on my strong hives. I'll probably be splitting soon. Dandelions are coming out in full force today. Bees have been bring in full pollen loads here for two weeks now.

I've just been peaking under the inner covers so far but I like what I see. I'll leave the hives wrapped and for the most part undisturbed until the end of April. Except for 3 hives that needed candy in February I haven't fed anything. Colonies still have good weight. The temp was in the low 60s yesterday and there was lots of pollen being brought in.
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com

Mine are anywhere from 2 boxes of bees where you cannot see the bottom bars on 4-5 frames too less than a cupfull of bees. I've never had so many weak ones. Combination of weird weather, varroa and too many older queens, plus viruses ( I think) have yielded higher than normal winter losses with more than usual on the poor side. We started equalizing 2 weeks ago to help the dinks out. Another round and we should be good to go to blueberry pollination.

Jean-Marc

just checked hives today and we are up to about 6 frames of brood now some are weak with about 3 frames. We have had drones out now for two weeks! The dandylions are just springing up. Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12