What is good weather to a bee.
    Warm-how warm?
    Humidity???
    Cool nights???
    Cloudy??
    Wind has got to be bad!

------------------
    Erwin

I would think what is good weather to you is good to a bee. 85-90 degrees, bright sunshine, low humidity, no rain, no wind, warm gentle breezes wafting across fields of clover.

most of your nector is produced by plants when your temp gets to 80 and above. It could be a very calm day in the 70s and your bees will not be doing much.

Are you putting in an order for weather? I'd like several inches of rain followed by some temps in the low 80's.

I think the bees produce a lot when things are blooming and it's really hot. But they also work a lot harder. The nectar evaporates better. But do the bees like it? I don't think they think in those terms. The weather just is. They may think in terms of not liking it when they are cooped up and can't get out. At least it makes them grouchy, but when it's hot they are too busy to get grouchy.

Smile

Michael;
    I wish we could send you some of the 10" of rain we have had so far this mo. now if we could have some hot days most of the flow is over but hoping for a good Golden rod for the girls to store for winter.
    Ed

Wink

Thanx for the replies.
    I should have said "What kind of weather do they produce honey" rather then "what do they like.
    Anyhow that is what I meant.

------------------
    Erwin

When the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming, the bees are producing. Doesn't matter much what the temperature is.