Hi,
    I just registered and am posting here for the first time. I am not a beekeeper and know very little about bees. I am an artist who works with sound and have been considering developing a piece for a gallery situation.

Can anyone tell me if they know of any beekeepers or hives in the Philadelphia, PA/New Jersey area that would be willing to allow me to record the sounds of bees?

I don't even know where to begin. Doesn't seem to be something you easily find in the Yellow Pages!

Regards,
    T.C.

This is probably a good place to start. There are beekeepers from PA on here. Also you can contact your local Agricultural Extention office and see if they have the names of some beekeepers. They usually do for swarms and such. They should also have contact info for bee clubs.

Have you tried looking in the Yellow Pages? The Yahoo Yellow Pages lists 1 beekeeper in Philadelphia and half a dozen in the Trenton area.

Just last weekend I was looking for hive sounds on the web and didn't have any luck. I hope you put your results online.

well i'm pa near the new york boarder near elmira ny

i thought there were some beekeepers on this sight that are closer to you than me but your welcome to contact me

im kind of far for you to drive - but about 1/2 hour away from me is a major supplier for this area called drapers super bee (they are the supplier of honey for the white house)

Thanks for your responses. I have a couple leads so far, and may be able to start recording as soon as next weekend. I'll keep you posted.

TCM