Hybrid View

I was wondering if others rotate capped frames of honey with uncapped frames to speed up the process. Specifically, do you move the capped frames to the outside of the super and move the uncapped frames to the center of the super. Also once a super is fully capped, and other supers are still being filled, do you keep the capped super on the bottom or would it help to rotate the uncapped super closer to the brood boxes?

I do that rotation thing of taking the inside frames and move them on the outside. This is part of my management. I also leave the full supper till mid Sept. I then take off all the capped off honey and leave the bees equivalent to one and one-half deeps of honey (135LBS). This amount I have found will help the bees into winter plus any more honey that they gather till the hard frost is theirs and they can fill it into their brood nest. I leave the full supper on top with the suppers that need to be filled on top of the brood box.
    Dan

[This message has been edited by bjerm2 (edited August 17, 2004).]

If I happen to have the super open and I see that the ouside frames aren't done and the rest is, yes. But I don't make any real effort at it.

Same here MB... and if the bees were working on a new frame of comb, disturbing them to move things around may not speed things up. Might even impede their work causing a set back. .

Maybe.