With the bitter cold temperatures we just had this week I stumbled upon a nice discovery that I should have considered anyway before: I had several boxes full of frames with uneven comb that my bees made this summer during their regresion to 4.9mm cell size. I went to remove the wax in the shed that was at well below freezing and it took me a short while to scape the wax off of around 70 frames. Considering how long it took me last fall when I removed the wax directly of some frames I had just extracted, this was a real pleasure.
If one lives in a palce like the northeast where the winter is cold, this is definitely the way to go, in my opinion. Now, in the spring/summer I will have to remove some frames in the process of regression. I guess a wax melter will have to then.