Just looked at a site for the new animated Bee movie comming out. The main theme seems to be that humans have been stealing the Bee's honey for centuries and a bee decides to file a lawsuit over it.
    Sounds like it could go either way as far as beeks are portrayed.

http://www.beemovie.com/

[size="1"][ February 16, 2007, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Sarge ][/size]

The old timers did always call it 'robbing' [img]smile.gif[/img] and not harvesting.
    Bee all you can Bee!
    http://www.hamiltonapiary.net

Not much good has come from Hollywood in many years! TV has become a vast wasteland.
    Garry

Jerry Seinfeld as a honey bee? There should be a high degree of whining about something we are doing.

Wink

Could be worst, could be Springger!

Oh, THERE'S a mental image!
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

I wonder how many people that see it that way use dairy product or steal fruits and vegtables from plants and trees?

"Not much good has come from Hollywood in many years! TV has become a vast wasteland."

I agree totally!

Hey guys!

Noone to blame but ourselves. I mean Americans in general not just Beeks.

I'm an enviromentalist, hunter, and fisherman; I'm pro-business, but against coal, timber looting, and corporate agriculture (within certain parameters). I'm niether far right, unless you consider the Second Ammendment to be right wing, nor far left unless you think that letting a woman make her own decisions is being a leftist or liberal.

I say that just so you all didn't think I was one or the other. But we, as a society, tolerate and give tacit approval to everything that happens now-a-days. None writes to their Congressmen, Council Members, or Governors. Noone takes the time to attend public government meetings. For crying out loud, people avoid jury duty at any cost.

The vast majority who, by the way are the ones with a stake in this nation, just let it all slip by without even a second thought.

Sorry for the rant. I'll need to check this one out and see what action to take.

Albert
    September 8th 2007 is National Beekeeping Day
    American Agriculture, its as close as the nearest Honeybee!

Now here's a rare opportunity to promote REAL honey. Even though this is a comedy animation about not taking the bees honey, this should be a great opportunity to promote and educate the public about honey. Does anyone know if the National Honey Board is working with Dream Works to provide literature in theaters or a short public service message with the previews before the feature? Cross-promotion is what it's all about. Remember, there is no such thing as bad publicity. How about local beekeepers/hobbiests working with the Honey Board to provide the handouts or samples at theaters for people on their way out after the show (i.e. honey straws or packaged into those condiment sized packets). I think a calling / emailing campaign by the readers of this website to both the National Honey Board and Dream Works could start a grass roots "buzz" going promoting both the film and the REAL Honey.

From NHB Bee-Mail Issue 104:

BeeMovie: Your Input Is Needed for this Unique Marketing Opportunity!
    The honey industry will have an exciting and unprecedented marketing opportunity this fall when the animated “Bee Movie” is scheduled to play in movie theaters throughout the United States. “Bee Movie” is a production of DreamWorks, which has produced such popular animated movies as “Shrek” and other films. The movie was written by comedian Jerry Seinfeld, who also provides the voice of the movie’s main character, Barry Bee. The movie is expected to generate positive publicity about beekeeping and highlight the important role bee pollination plays in plant production. For more information about the movie, visit http://www.beemovie.com or http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389790.

We Need Your Ideas!
    NHB is planning a variety of honey promotions to tie into the movie, including producing promotional materials for use by small to medium sized honey producers at farmerÂ’s markets, in-store promotions, etc. These materials will likely feature graphics from the movie, along with a 100 percent pure honey message.

Some materials being considered for production include:

Hang tags (similar to the ones currently available from NHB)
    Jar/Containers Neckers
    Stickers for Jars/Containers
    Recipe/honey tip sheets

We need your feedback! Let NHB know which of the above materials you find useful or send us your own ideas!

Send your input to honeybuzz@nhb.org
    James Henderson
    Golden Delight Honey; 225-803-5406 (cell)

Hello??? Why is the bee male?!?

Sheesh.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Good point Hobie. With a slip up like that right from the start it makes one wonder what else they might get wrong....way wrong. Theresa.

My bees have 6 legs. Jerry needs to sprout a couple more. I guess it will be a short movie with a drone as the main character.
    Married 23 years and still makin honey. www.Johnshoney.com
    John, WA9WJG

<Now here's a rare opportunity to promote REAL honey.>

I think it's a rare opportunity to promote "Real Honey produced in the United States of America"

Course I am a vet and am known to wave the Stars and Stripes...

Funny that the bee's name is Barry!

I'm sure Barry gathers a lot of honey. Or maybe his name is really Barrina?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Of Course MB's obervation virtually discredits the movie! Didn't they take the time to find out one of the most basic of facts about bees?

It's Hollywood. A famous director once said to a famous actor, I'm going to do a movie about the Bible. The actor said, I'll bet you don't know one thing about the Bible. The Director said, sure I do! The actor said, fifty bucks says you don't even know the Lord's Prayer. The Director said, sure I do, Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take. DARN! says the actor. I didn't think you knew it.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF