Job Announcement: Research Assistant
ROTHENBUHLER HONEY BEE LAB
Dept. of ENTOMOLOGY, OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
HONEY BEE STOCK IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Job Duties: Assist in the management, care and evaluation of 150 - 200 colonies for a honey bee improvement program.
The position includes:
1. Selection of colonies for productivity, resistance to pests and disease.
2. Queen Rearing
3. The introduction, establishment of instrumentally inseminated queens.
4. Data collection of parasitic mite samples.
5. Preparations and assistance in summer short courses:
Queen Rearing and instrumental insemination.
6. Construct, repair beekeeping equipment.
Minimum Education Requirement: 2 years college
Additional Education/Experience Desired:
Some beekeeping experience required. Experience with power tools and wood shop skills desired. Training will be provided.
PLEASE CONTACT: SUSAN COBEY
Ohio State University