Thread: quennless

One of my hives has lost their queen. I have a few frames in a nuc with eggs on then I will put this closed up for a few days for them to develop queen cellss and then introduce these frames to the queenless hive. I had used formic pads overe the summer some other Bee Keepers that had used this came out with weak or queenless ives also is their any corrolation between Formic Acid use and weak overwintered hives or is it that Varroa are just to destructive?

>One of my hives has lost their queen.

Are you sure they haven't already raised a new one that isn't laying yet?

> I have a few frames in a nuc with eggs on then I will put this closed up for a few days for them to develop queen cellss and then introduce these frames to the queenless hive.

I would just give the queenless hive a frame of eggs. That way if they need a queen they can make one. If there is a virgin that's no laying yet, they will get a boost but you won't intefere with the new queen.

> I had used formic pads overe the summer some other Bee Keepers that had used this came out with weak or queenless ives also is their any corrolation between Formic Acid use and weak overwintered hives or is it that Varroa are just to destructive?

I have heard of a corrolation between formic acid and losing queens. Try a search on Yahoo or Google and I'll be you'll find some. I'd go for "formic acid" "queens".

Here are a couple from a search on Yahoo:

www.reineschapleau.wd1.net/articles/flash.en.html
    www.honeybeeworld.com/formic/apformic 1.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF