I was wondering what kind of creative uses ya'all have for your beeswax and if anyone has some easy recipes for lip balm.
    Thank you

I use beeswax to wax my canoe (helps slide over shoals better), wax my saw blades, and of course to make candles. I came close to making deck sealer with it, but copped out and just bought the stuff. (We had tons of linseed oil where i used to work... and could have gotten some discarded linseed oil).

I do intend on making lip balm some day, but just haven't gotten around to it.

for skis of course

jfischer Guest

We use beeswax polish on our furniture, as
    it is appropriately "old school" for our
    very old furniture that some mistake for
    valuable antiques.

No modern product beats plain old beeswax
    for a finish that gleams.

I have for some time used beeswax in wood polishing. A couple of years ago I built a country-style house with plenty of wood (roofs, windows, doors), and all wood was finished with a mixture of:
    beeswax
    diesel oil
    linseed oil
    carbolineum (for rich , dark, aged wood effect)

I cannot give exact proportions of the ingredients, but it goes something like this:
    1 lb beeswax
    1 cup diesel oil
    3/4 cup linseed oil
    1/4 cup carbolineum

Procedure:
    heat diesel oil and linseed oil adding beeswax scales or small pĂ*eces to aid melting. Add carbolineum to obtain dark wax if desired.
    When mixture is blended and wax melted, put a feww drops on cold metal pan or can lid. When cold, try for appropriate texture by rubbing between fingers. The right consistency should be like that of light grease, not paste.
    If finger test shows too thick, add some linseed or diesel and test again.
    If finger test shows too runny, add some wax and test again.
    Once the right texture is achieved, let cool.

Application:
    using clean cloth (old socks are perfect)spread light coat of wax over surface and rub until smooth and non tacky. Wood will acquire fine lustre as more rubbings are applied.
    In my experience, even dark wax with carbolineum ( a messy, guey stuff)will not stain after proper rubbing.
    Making wax too thick will leave surface tacky, sticky, and impossible to polish.

For outdoor window frames and moldings, this wax is great. It could even be made so thin and runny that application with a brush is easier. Always wipe off excess as thick coats will remain sticky and collect dirt.

Keep wax in air tight container to prevent solvent evaporation.

Warning:
    only raw wood should be polished with wax, because wood fibers will absorb the solvents. If varnished surfaces are waxed, the result is not at all the same.

I like to melt beeswax and Vaseline together. Add the Vaseline until it is the consistency you want when you let it harden. It makes good lip balm, boot treatment (to waterproof and polish oil tanned leather boots) and anything else you want to oil and polish.

I've also done it with neetsfoot oil instead of Vaseline for leather and it worked fine, but no better than the Vaseline does.

In "Bee Keeping For Dummies" Their is a receipe for lip balm- Something like 1part wax to 4 parts olive oil- oz to oz.

------------------
    'WHEN WE CLOSE OUR EYES WE ALL LOOK THE SAME' GWPW 03