Thread: Sourwood flow

Is there any kind of sourwood flow? I haven't had a chance to get up to the mountains to check. Just wanted to see if anyone had really great news for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Ask two beekeepers, get three answers

Yep...just got back 10 min ago from some hives in Morganton (suburban Blue Ridge) and it's started. Light so far, but in a week, weather permitting, it will be a super a week for 3 1/2 to 4 weeks.

BubbaBob

Sourwood trees on the side of the road near Moss Lake in North Carolina are in full bloom. Wish they were closer to the house so my bees could work them. On the other hand, there are probably some close enough for my girls to work, just haven't seen them but about half of the land in a 4 mile circle around us is woods so there's a good chance they have found and are working any out there.

Sourwood trees on the side of the road near Moss Lake in North Carolina are in full bloom. Wish they were closer to the house so my bees could work them. On the other hand, there are probably some close enough for my girls to work, just haven't seen them but about half of the land in a 4 mile circle around us is woods so there's a good chance they have found and are working any out there.

Well, hopefully I'll find out in about 2 more days!
    Will give ya a SITREP then.....

Regards,

Greysmoke

Anyone know if there are many sourwood trees in eastern NC? I'm south of Raleigh and know that they do have range here but am not sure if there are very many. Theresa.

Theresa, Jack Tapp of Busy Bee Apiaries in Chapel Hill right by you sells sourwood honey, so there's got to be a few. Maybe you should check with him.

Theresa,

I'm in Raleigh.
    I'm pretty sure that a lot of the trees you see with those tent caterpillars on em are sourwoods.
    There are right many of em around here

Dave

I'm in Lincolnton and the sourwoods here are blooming. Just starting in Rutherfordton.

Anybody know what the bloom dates typically are on the Cumberland Plateau in TN?