Hybrid View

A hive of bees has set up housekeeping in a large birdhouse in my front yard. They are docile and charming but my son is severely allergic to bees, I keep an Epi-pen injector in my purse at all times in case he gets stung. I would like to have professionals move the bees. The company I contacted said they will relocate them, but will need to take my handmade, hand-painted birdhouse with them. Can I be fairly confident that they will actually relocate rather than destroy them (they are bee exterminators)? Do they really have to take my birdhouse or could we unscrew the roof & sides, remove the comb & bees, then take them to their new residence? The Bee Professionals are coming Saturday July 28. Any advice would be appreciated!

The name Bee Exterminators does not sound to me like they will actually save the bees. More like destroy or kill them. Here is a good source of locating a real beekeepers in your area that will safely remove bees for you and the bees.
    LocalHoneyForSale.com
    Also, how long the bees been in your birdhouse, can you post any pictures?

Thanks for replying - my computer was down & I couldn't respond. I contacted the president of the local Beekeepers Assn & he said that africanized bees moved into our county 2 years ageo. All feral bees have probably had some level of contamination. He said the only responsible choice was to destroy the hive. He also said the other company would not have moved them - only told me that to keep me happy. I had them destroyed. The hive had probably been there 3 months - it was solid packed with comb (it is about 15 inches cube). I will try to react more quickly next time - I didn't know.