Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow, it is so cool to know that there are beekeepers of Native American and African-American heritage here. Yes, we are all related.

And my heritage is Polish-American. No Polish jokes, you guys! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I (heart) Honeybees

I've caught myself talking to my bees for a second or two AFTER I get stung.
    Thats all I can say about that.
    I have exactly ONE hive more than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond question.

If they can 'smell' that branch in the top of the 60 foot oak tree where that swarm was two years ago, then they most likely can smell that guy that their sisters stung a week ago.

I think odors and colors (light or dark) have more to how they are going to react. I always thought that was why they go after my fingers - they were in the honey jar recently - prelude to a dance.
    Bee all you can Bee!
    http://www.hamiltonapiary.net

Everyone talks to the bees, I’ll bet whenever you are looking for a Queen and you find her 99% of beekeepers will say out loud, there she is! Or there you are, or some such thing as your Royal Majesty. And when you get stung it’s probably razzenfrazzen.
    B100B101 sounds like the worst case of bee fever I have ever heard of. But hey! enjoy the honeymoon.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Hey Brent,

You're right. I'm madly in love with my sweet honeys, and I tend to go coocoo when I share about them here
    I (heart) Honeybees

I am known locally as "the bee whisperer" as I continually talk to the girls while working around them. Maybe you could try hanging your old shirt and a picture of yourself near the hives.
    sterlingc

{And my heritage is Polish-American. No Polish jokes, you guys!}

Then you must appreciate mude, vosk, and the ability to find matka!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123