Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

When you see yourself on the ten o'clock news rescuing a swarm from a terified ladies car in the grocery store parking lot.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

When your favorite flowering (spring) tree is LOCUST

I love Locust trees, I have about 10 or so at the house. Just starting to bloom real good now.Helps keep the bees away from the buckeye. Sorry thought this was a post on Locust trees
    Jack

when your favorite ride is on the extractor around the liveingroom!
    bob

When the Nasonex commercial comes on TV, you check the bee for computer-generated Varroa mites.

And you tell the person sitting next to you that it looks more like a yellowjacket than your typical Italian honeybee drone.

And then your friend tells you you're a complete dork.
    Pocket Meadow Farm

When you prefer the company of thousands of stinging insects to most people.
    <a href=\"http://marcusgriffin.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://marcusgriffin.com</a><br /><br />Be like water, my friend.<br />Bruce Lee

When your friends wonder why you smell like you've been sitting around a campfire!
    If you're not confused you just don't know what's going on.

When your wifes says there is a bee stinging you and you look at her and say oh where?
    or when your in walmart and a complete stranger ask if you have any honey for sale.
    or when a stranger calls you and says come get these bees in her tree.

Your kitchen table is covered with packages waiting for the weather to break so you can put them in.

you keep a bucket down at the hives to sit on well drinking the morning coffee and the evining beer.

you wish you could incorperate the aroma of fresh cut pine together with bees wax into a perfume for the wife... then get her to wear it.

you plan the one and only annual weekend get away for you and the wife around the pick up date for the packages.

tom

When you can stop the bees on the air as Neo stopped the bullets on the air in the film Matrix. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When that smart aleck young kid down the road who tromps through your flower bed and puts firecrackers in your mailbox, and to whom you usually wouldn't even give the time of day, asks "Are those BEES mister?!?" and you spend the rest of the afternoon with a short person in an ill-fitting veil explaining what's REALLY inside the box.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Lupine, I'm sad to say I've had the exact same kind of conversation involving the very same commercial. I still contend that it is a yellow jacket, and even if it were a bee it is obviously male and should not be foraging.
    -Robert<br /><a href=\"http://photos.bobsbees.com\" target=\"_blank\">Photos and Such</a>

when it itches to you a bee and your woman says you if you have felt the ecstasis.

[size="1"][ May 07, 2006, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: merops_apiaster ][/size]

&gt;I'm sad to say I've had the exact same kind of conversation involving the very same commercial.

I came in the house the other afternoon and hugged my wife, gave her a big smooch and said in my best imitation "My flower, I have returned- a changed bee" and got a marvelous reaction... or was it the Epiphany for Beekeepers I was wearing?

Hmmmmm...

&gt;and your woman says you...

Merops, your woman has a funny sense of humor. Have you stung HER lately? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Dulcius ex asperis

Not mine to claim-probably read it here.

You know you're a beekeeper when you clear your throat and expectorate toward the ground only to find you are wearing your veil.
    My Mom's other kids are smarter than me, but i'm not nearly as nice.

jim b, if that's the case, I'll never know I'm a beekeeper. I hate my veil; it always seems to be in my way and I have a heck of a time spotting eggs through it. Didn't think anyone was comfortable in their veil. Maybe I've got the wrong veil. . .

You'll know you are a beekeeper when you can work your bees without a veil. At least some times.

No veil, no gloves and no suit.

I guess Charles Mraz may have been the only "real" beekeeper I've known of. He used to work his bees in his swim trunks and sandals.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Tia-
    I think you've got the right idea.
    I think i've got the wrong bees!-j
    My Mom's other kids are smarter than me, but i'm not nearly as nice.

&gt;You'll know you are a beekeeper when you can work your bees without a veil. At least some times.

&gt;No veil, no gloves and no suit.

Or when you learn what a really bad idea that really is...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast