Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

You Realize You're a Beekeeper When...

15K views 98 replies 64 participants last post by  Todd Zeiner 
#1 ·
You feel bad about mowing the lawn because the dandelions are blooming. And when there's a flower being worked you gotta fight the urge to stop and wait or coax it away because its right in your path.

Any more?

[ April 19, 2006, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: wade ]

#57 ·
when you've orderd bee equipment and wait for it with the same antipation you had as a kid waiting for christmas morning to open presents and then when it does arrive you tear open the boxs as if they were christmas presents and gleefully proclaim "gee, it's like christmas all over again"

#65 ·
When the Nasonex commercial comes on TV, you check the bee for computer-generated Varroa mites.

And you tell the person sitting next to you that it looks more like a yellowjacket than your typical Italian honeybee drone.

And then your friend tells you you're a complete dork.

#69 ·
Your kitchen table is covered with packages waiting for the weather to break so you can put them in.

you keep a bucket down at the hives to sit on well drinking the morning coffee and the evining beer.

you wish you could incorperate the aroma of fresh cut pine together with bees wax into a perfume for the wife... then get her to wear it.

you plan the one and only annual weekend get away for you and the wife around the pick up date for the packages.

tom

#71 ·
When that smart aleck young kid down the road who tromps through your flower bed and puts firecrackers in your mailbox, and to whom you usually wouldn't even give the time of day, asks "Are those BEES mister?!?" and you spend the rest of the afternoon with a short person in an ill-fitting veil explaining what's REALLY inside the box.

#72 ·
Lupine, I'm sad to say I've had the exact same kind of conversation involving the very same commercial. I still contend that it is a yellow jacket, and even if it were a bee it is obviously male and should not be foraging.

#74 ·
>I'm sad to say I've had the exact same kind of conversation involving the very same commercial.

I came in the house the other afternoon and hugged my wife, gave her a big smooch and said in my best imitation "My flower, I have returned- a changed bee" and got a marvelous reaction... or was it the Epiphany for Beekeepers I was wearing?

Hmmmmm...

>and your woman says you...

Merops, your woman has a funny sense of humor. Have you stung HER lately?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.