Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You bought a bigger mower that can handle grass a foot tall so you don't have to mow when dandelions are blooming. (And again when the clover blooms)

Chemlawn calls and you ask if they have anything that will make the dandelions and clover grow bigger (And maybe kill all of this annoying grass you have to mow and make more room for more dandelions and clover).

All of your vacations include a beekeeping visit.

When you can't sleep because you are thinking about what you need to do with or for the bees.

Your thinking about:

feeding sugar syrup, supering up, boxes-to-build, frames to assemble, queens to raise, forgot to empty the pollen traps and its gonna rain, nucs to make up, labels to order, honey-to-bottle, etc etc...

Heck there's no time for sleep.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

The local hardware guys in surrounding towns know you by name, and tell you, "no we don't have any miss-mixed paint today".

The neibor cross town calls and tells you to come get your bees out of HER wall.

You don't have to mow the yard, because it's covered with stacks of bee boxes.

You've driven 10 miles looking for the first dandilion bloom.

You always know what pollen is in season.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

after one whiff of the lemongrass oil on your suit, your wife asks if you have been 'nasing off' again..

(taps microphone, begins to explain, "uh, that was a reference to nasanov..")

>You feel bad about mowing the lawn because the dandelions are blooming.

You mow when dandelions are blooming?

I don't mow at all.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

You get excited about going to work in the morning, only because you have a swarm box right outide your office window.
    I've found it easier to keep bees than keep relationships. At least when I'm stung by bees I know why.

The school principal calls you when he finds a swarm hanging from the bleechers two hours before graduation.........

You call him back when the bees are in a box and ask where he wants his bees?

You drive out on a swarm call to discover its the home of some your students and they ask if you're not scared? You have to admit this is not half as bad as teaching at a high school.

This is my topper---the wife asks a passing be "Where's Tom" and she is lead right to me.
    BBZZZZZ

When your wife has to mix her own batch of propolis-beeswax perfume just to get you to pay attention to her
    Todd Zeiner

>Buying 400# of sugar at the local grocery.

Yup. 2 full shopping carts...

>When your wife has to mix her own batch of propolis-beeswax perfume just to get you to pay attention to her

Todd... Todd... give her Epiphany, for Beekeepers. A little dab behind each ear... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Dulcius ex asperis

someone says "there's a bee on your neck and you reply- "ain't she a cutie"
    sterlingc

when you're all the time thinking of honey supers and not super honies
    sterlingc

When you find yourself correcting anyone who mistakens yellow jackets for bees.

When you burn precious PTO days from work in the spring because weekends are full or rainy and Wednesday is going to be just beautiful for getting into the hives (and it was too!)

even before I kept bees I used to "ticklestart" bumblebees in the mornings to get them going after a cool night on a flower. I knew then I was destined to be a beekeeper ( although my wife said I was jusr plain nuts)
    sterlingc

"I used to "ticklestart" bumblebees in the mornings to get them going after a cool night on a flower."

That anything like cow tippin?
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

You're in a new neighborhood and notice a beautiful crabapple tree in full bloom but you're looking to see how many bees are working it so that you might have another good place to put a swarm box.
    Time wounds all heals.

you feel pitiful when you have to eradicate a colony rather than destroy someones house, barn, fireplace, boat, etc...to remove them live.

your dogs salivate at the smell of honey on your clothes.

you spend as much time as you can afford and some you can't visting bee websights.

when people ask you what can they get you for christmas and you say "get me one of 3 things, A Package, Nuc or some Bee equipment!!!
    Ted

When you find yourself in Paris France and you don't have time to visit the bees at the botanical gardens, and you decide you'll have to make a return visit just to check out French bees.
    Im really not that serious

After working bees all day and evening, you can still hear the bees buzzing when you try and fall asleep.

After catching queens all day, you see them running around combs when you dream.

Jean-Marc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast