Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Big Grin

You feel bad about mowing the lawn because the dandelions are blooming. And when there's a flower being worked you gotta fight the urge to stop and wait or coax it away because its right in your path.

Any more?

[size="1"][ April 19, 2006, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: wade ][/size]
    Time wounds all heals.

Your wife says "There's a bee in the car", and you say "Is it one of mine?" or "Hand it here",
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees

You can't remember the names of your neighbor's kids, but you can name every tree and flower in his yard and when they bloom.
    I've found it easier to keep bees than keep relationships. At least when I'm stung by bees I know why.

Mine was going to be "You don't mow your lawn for a month because the dandelions are blooming" then I went and read the first post. Dang! Now I'll have to think of something else [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Dulcius ex asperis

You buy so much sugar the local grocery thinks your the biggest moonshine distiller in the county.

Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)

When your neighbors call you to get the yellow jackets nest they have under the porch. You are the "beeman", you should know what to do with those "bees"...

When you want to spray some round up or brush killer and think what if the bees get into this. Then you crank up the weedeater and go at it. Also when you need to spray your garden to keep it from being eatn by bugs you just let the buggs eat on.

[size="1"][ April 20, 2006, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Big Stinger ][/size]
    If your gettin stung your doing something wrong...

1-When in a store you see a jar of honey or pollen and the first thing you check is the price!
    2-While riding down a highway you keep telling whoever will listen--this really looks like a good place to keep some bees!
    3-The fed x guy, the ups guy, and the mailman all know you as the "Bee guy".
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

When you can't haul anything in your pick-up in may or june because you won't unload the empty hive and nuc, the ladder, and other swarm catching equip.

When your driving down the highway and keep looking to your left and right for little boxes stacked up on top of each other while your wife thinks you are a crazy driver.
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

When your kid takes a drone on a string to school and scares the other kids on the playground.
    Todd Zeiner

Instead of those hand buzzers, your 'party trick' is to pull a drone out of your pocket and hand it to someone...

When everything you got is sticky.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

The dandelion one is the best for sure.

Buying 400# of sugar at the local grocery.

Feeling bad after a bee stings you because it had to die doing it.

Another is my wifes look as I dash around the house trying to let a bee out that snuck it.

When you finally cut your grass and find your car. LOL
    ;) Good Day Craig W.<br /><a href=\"http://www.weaversproduce.mysite.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.weaversproduce.mysite.com</a>

&gt;The dandelion one is the best for sure.

Naw, for me it's clover. My yard gets way too high when the clover is blooming. When it gets high it is REAL hard to cut.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

when you use the single supers you hived swarms in and put in the front yard as lawn chairs.

when your pacing back and forth in the living room in the middle of winter and breaking out in cold sweats and shaking, saying "I need to go through a beehive, i need to work something" as your suffering bee withdrawl.

when someone asks you how your doing and answer back "my bees are doing great and so am I" and then totally bore them to peices as you rattle on about your bees.

i actually planned our wedding around the bees

your wife packs your suit case when you say your going to visit a fellow beekeeper.

when you get p!$$ off at municapily workers for cutting road side flowers.

you plead with your neibours to not cutt their lawn until after the dandions in the spring and then for the clover in the summer.

use our honey for bribes or barter

regret buying your wife that little jeep because you knew you could of either bought a truck that could've been used for the bees or you could've just bought more bee equipment.

when you produced 28,000 pounds of honey from your 160 hives on the year you weer to graduate from high school.

when as your walking through the tool section at the local hardware store your thoughts are "how could i use that in my bee operation"

when the greatest moment of the year is when you receive your new bee equipment catalog and price list.

another of your favorite pass times is going through that catalog and making plans with a budget and knowing you made it work so good that a financial planner would've turned green with envy seeing your work.

when anything and everything in the house can be used for bees.

you hope your wife never says it's either me or the bees because you'd hate to see her go.

when any of your freinds come over to visit you give them a hammer and put them to work building frames.

never could another man be as inventive as the beekeeper, we are one of the most innovative breeds, we could come across a problem and use anything handy from either our fly zipper to strands of hair from our unkept head of hair.

when after having a shower and your just crawling into bed you get stung in the armpit(still don't know how she got there).

your a dang good carpenter....when it comes to building hive equipment.

you hope that there's bees in heaven
    Will Gruenwald Chilliwack BC

When it takes you twice as long to get somewhere because you are checking out what's blooming on the side of the road. Theresa.

You spend your lunchtime at work everyday reading the Bee Forum.
    Once you see the bandwagon, it's too late.
    www.goldfinch-acres.com

when your wife smells smoke on your clothes and knows you've been working the bees, not the bar.